Lt. Commander
# 91
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugenhagen15
Does anyone know if you can even get that version driver for laptop cards? I have a 9600m gt and I cant find that driver so am I just screwd?
I have a Laptop with a 8800M GTS and this is where I get all my Geforce drivers. Have to download both the driver and the associated modified INI file.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/4
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
well, the good news is I'm not crazy...seems like an awful lot of people are experiencing this problem. My confusion, though, is that I NEVER had any trouble with CO. I ran beautifully on the exact same system I have STO on.

Space works great, but ground content seizes up every couple of seconds, as we all now know. I'm running the late September drivers from nvidia on my GTX260. I went to update them, but Nvidia's site seems to be down as far as drivers are concerned. No way to download them.

If anyone has a link to the newest drivers (besides the nvidia official site) please post it here.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppa View Post
I'm running the late September drivers from nvidia on my GTX260. I went to update them, but Nvidia's site seems to be down as far as drivers are concerned. No way to download them.

If anyone has a link to the newest drivers (besides the nvidia official site) please post it here.
You want to use the 190.62 drivers available from the ARCHIVE driver section of the Nvidia site.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not defending Cryptic for this issue, I'm experiencing it myself (along with the poor performance issues when CO launched), obviously something needs to be done and you are all right to be upset over it.

However, realize that just because it has not been fixed yet, does NOT mean that Cryptic are ignoring the issue. This is not something as "simple" to fix as a bugged mob in game, or an overpowered attack. It's not just a case of changing a few values in a database. There is no "fix game now" button for Cryptic to click. An issue like this takes time to track down the cause ("it's these drivers" is NOT the actual cause, they need to find out what specifically causes the problem), develop a fix, test the fix, and deploy it. This is not something that happens in a few hours, or in many cases, a few days/weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosableActionFigure View Post
I'm not defending Cryptic for this issue, I'm experiencing it myself (along with the poor performance issues when CO launched), obviously something needs to be done and you are all right to be upset over it.

However, realize that just because it has not been fixed yet, does NOT mean that Cryptic are ignoring the issue. This is not something as "simple" to fix as a bugged mob in game, or an overpowered attack. It's not just a case of changing a few values in a database. There is no "fix game now" button for Cryptic to click. An issue like this takes time to track down the cause ("it's these drivers" is NOT the actual cause, they need to find out what specifically causes the problem), develop a fix, test the fix, and deploy it. This is not something that happens in a few hours, or in many cases, a few days/weeks.
If you had been paying attention, you would of notice that the same problems exist in other Cryptic games, and have for a while now... It is being ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 96 Solution
01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
The following post from the CO forum solved my stuttering problems. STO is running smooth again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveAlreadyWon
I was able to resolve this problem on my machine. I have a GTX 280 and was getting really poor stuttering.

Go to the NVIDIA control panel.

Then:
"Adjust image settings with preview"

Mine was set to "Let the 3D application decide."

I changed it to:

"Use my preference by emphasizing 'Quality'"

This completely resolved my stuttering issues, and stabilized my FPS as well.

Try it out and let me know if it helps you as well.

-Has only been tested by myself and one other. The other person used an 8800GT.

-I'm using the latest drivers from NVIDIA
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by IveAlreadyWon
I was able to resolve this problem on my machine. I have a GTX 280 and was getting really poor stuttering.

Go to the NVIDIA control panel.

Then:
"Adjust image settings with preview"

Mine was set to "Let the 3D application decide."

I changed it to:

"Use my preference by emphasizing 'Quality'"

This completely resolved my stuttering issues, and stabilized my FPS as well.

Try it out and let me know if it helps you as well.

-Has only been tested by myself and one other. The other person used an 8800GT.

-I'm using the latest drivers from NVIDIA

----------------------------------------------------------

This was posted and works. I couldn't roll back my driver to the 190.62. I run Windows 7 x64 and it told me that that patch was for a x32 so it would not install.

I can now run, jump, and see people moving smoothly and its nice to see again.

These are the changes that I made.

Right click onto your desktop and Click on Nvidia Control Panel. Go to "Adjust Image Settings with Preview". Then put a dot next to "Use my preference emphasizing". I did performance. All the way to the left. Then click apply. (NOTE: I did this while running STO and each time went back in to see the difference.) Then in STO, I took Anit-Alising and turned it off. Then I put Shadows on Medium. (NOTE: There is still a very...VERY slight studder. But not enough to hinder your play on the ground. If you still don't like that the put the shadows on Low.) I then took my Bloom Quality and put that on Low. Problem fixed. At least for not. The game still looks amazing, Space is playable, and Ground is playable.

I do agree that in Closed Beta Ground was smooth with everything on high while also having the newest driver for my duel Nvidia GTX 275 Cards. After the 1/13/10 patch for the servers that kept going down, Ground went haywire. But remember that there is a bigger picture here. When you patch one thing something else becomes effected. It's a domino effect. Stop comparing this game to CO or other games. As far as I know CO doesn't have your characters go in space. That video I watched was all ground battles. Just that he then flew in the air. As far as I know there was ground below him. Funny but space is not effected. REMEMBER that we are BETA TESTING. I know you all don't want to hear it. But, this is what we are here for. To give them this information so that we don't have a repeat of CO or any other game. Beta=NOT FINAL GAME.

Please post if ANY of the information I gave you all helped. Or if anything else you tried out makes this situation better. Thanks Everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
GTX 260 /216sp
c2d e6750
2gig ram

space is fine, but like everyone else i get major stuttering on the ground to the point where its unplayable. Tried turning down all the settings and theres no effect. Hope this can get fixed by end of beta or launch.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-15-2010, 05:23 AM
Geforce 8800 GTS 512 stuttering as hell. with 190.62 and shadow low/off is much better. but i could a little bit better too. plz fix it!
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZer0 View Post
This was posted and works. I couldn't roll back my driver to the 190.62. I run Windows 7 x64 and it told me that that patch was for a x32 so it would not install.
FYI: Their is a 190.62 driver for windows 7 64 bit. Its in nvid's archive, you have to look around a little bit. I had it installed before, and the install file is on my desktop.

That being said, I'm running the latest driver w/ win 7 64 bit without any changes, except for running the game in safe mode.