Lt. Commander
# 41
01-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Actually RJE_Archer I believe (reading the linked posts here and remembering my experiences in the open beta for that game) the problem has existed since Champions launched on Sept 1st last year.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-13-2010, 02:51 AM
well the driver that has no stutering is the driver released on 21/8/09 so before that date your saying, yes its annoying, but then to only whine is just sad, if there is a workaround and your not happy with it for now, that is your problem and not the problem of the dev.. They build CO on that driver, and not one they knew would be released later.

Like i said earlier, Nvidia tries allot of **** in their driver and if the game is not happy with it, then yes, the game suffers under it.

Live with older drivers or dont play, thats how i see it, its not like its so needed to run the latest drivers all the time. I used to run on a 182 driver till i installed STO and everything ran fine except STO so i updated then, well a downgade fixes it.

Some people whine if they have 5 less frames if they run an older driver, not like you notice it with your eyes, you just see it on a number, and go like OHH NOO, i must say, i was like that.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-13-2010, 02:59 AM
Please don't be silly. Step one on almost every support page for every game newly released is to update graphics card drivers, so I think it's quite logical for the rest of us to want to run the latest WHQL drivers for all the other gaming we do. And Windows Update will deliver newer drivers than 190 as well.

Most of the posts in the thread are clarifying specs and the severity of the problem and expressing understandable concern that a 4 month-old issue is still a big problem. I don't think that's whining, really.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Using older drivers isn't an option.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erteen View Post
I think i just ran into this. Was doing stabase 24 and, well, soon as a number of ships was around me. My own became fairly much unusuable. Simply stuttering in place or in one direction till it died.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-13-2010, 04:44 AM
well i dont use windows update so i dont get that driver, but if you all think its cryptic fault, then call them or send them an email, a dev told a workaround here, and you all still complain like crazy, he also said, they are looking in to it, well thrust them on that, and dont tell that they dont do it, if you dont thust them, then dont start blaming them for something.

If you all want a topnotch up to date system, fine go ahead, but if that delivers problems for a game and the developers told it is a problem because of the newer driver, then thats your problem not theirs, well if you read the full changes in the Nvidia driver from 190.62 till the latest one you can see they added some stuff, probably 1 of those things is the problem causer, thats not Cryptic fault at all, Nvidia had to keep the old system in so the games can still run smooth.

So go post on Nvidia forums about it, and then youll see the support is not much.

Cryptic knows of the problem, so let them deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-13-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJE_Archer
well i dont use windows update so i dont get that driver, but if you all think its cryptic fault, then call them or send them an email, a dev told a workaround here, and you all still complain like crazy, he also said, they are looking in to it, well thrust them on that, and dont tell that they dont do it, if you dont thust them, then dont start blaming them for something.

If you all want a topnotch up to date system, fine go ahead, but if that delivers problems for a game and the developers told it is a problem because of the newer driver, then thats your problem not theirs, well if you read the full changes in the Nvidia driver from 190.62 till the latest one you can see they added some stuff, probably 1 of those things is the problem causer, thats not Cryptic fault at all, Nvidia had to keep the old system in so the games can still run smooth.

So go post on Nvidia forums about it, and then youll see the support is not much.

Cryptic knows of the problem, so let them deal with it.
190.62 doesn't work for me. Same bad ass stuttering.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJE_Archer
then thats your problem not theirs
Driving away customers could become a problem for them...

Anyway. What worked for me was to turn shadows on low and lighnting on modarate. Running smooth now.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erteen View Post
I'm with you. I played CO and really enjoyed it until this problem came up. Rolling back drivers wasn't an option since I have other games that need a newer version. I'm not going to break one thing to make another work. Luckily, it was in the first month of playing CO so I cancelled before I was charged for a subscription.
I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. I was willing to give Cryptic another shot after the fiasco that was CO. I'm really thankful I tried the beta so now I know not to buy the game. It's a shame since I really enjoyed CO, until it was unplayable, and was looking forward to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 50 Me Too
01-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Just wanted to say I have the same problems and none of the graphic tweaks you guys have mentioned works for me.

Also, rolling back to an older driver is out of the question as far as I am concerned as a "fix"

My system

Intel Core 2 Duo 3mhz
Windows 7 64-bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
8 gigs of system ram

Im not trying to be a whiner - but I will absolutely cancel my pre-order with the stuttering issue - I mean thats just a given.

Id love to see some dev chime in with an update or some information that it will be fixed soon because everyone seems to indicate this is something that has been broken and non-working since Champions Online beta which is how long ago?