Lt. Commander
# 51
01-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybergoblin View Post
Just wanted to say I have the same problems and none of the graphic tweaks you guys have mentioned works for me.

Also, rolling back to an older driver is out of the question as far as I am concerned as a "fix"

My system

Intel Core 2 Duo 3mhz
Windows 7 64-bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
8 gigs of system ram

Im not trying to be a whiner - but I will absolutely cancel my pre-order with the stuttering issue - I mean thats just a given.

Id love to see some dev chime in with an update or some information that it will be fixed soon because everyone seems to indicate this is something that has been broken and non-working since Champions Online beta which is how long ago?
I have almost same system
C2D 2x3,4GHz,
Windows 7 x64
GTX260 216 @ 650MHz
4GB RAM

Just role your driver back, itīs 5 minutes and you will probably have no more problems.
However i never had problems... only i think my performance is too bad for this game @ ground missions.
please post your fps here http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=57874
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-13-2010, 07:59 AM
geforce 285 here.. ive used newest and the older drivrs and neither helped. However turning Ambient occlusion off reduced the frequency and severity of my stuttering my 85% at least.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybergoblin View Post
Just wanted to say I have the same problems and none of the graphic tweaks you guys have mentioned works for me.

Also, rolling back to an older driver is out of the question as far as I am concerned as a "fix"

My system

Intel Core 2 Duo 3mhz
Windows 7 64-bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
8 gigs of system ram

Im not trying to be a whiner - but I will absolutely cancel my pre-order with the stuttering issue - I mean thats just a given.

Id love to see some dev chime in with an update or some information that it will be fixed soon because everyone seems to indicate this is something that has been broken and non-working since Champions Online beta which is how long ago?
If it hasn't been fixed in CO since release I wouldn't count on it being fixed here.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
If it hasn't been fixed in CO since release I wouldn't count on it being fixed here.
well, that blows .

i turnoff even all the shadows (better non then weird ones..) SB24 did not crash for me anymore still weird things but still oke to do..
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
It might be ok for you to roll back to old drivers Archer,since you seem to only play one game ,but for myself and the majority here i need the latest drivers as i play many different games. I do not consider what these people are saying (including myself) whining. I just trhink when a game goes to open beta it should have stable video performance for the number one most used video cards currently in use today.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabest1ever View Post
It might be ok for you to roll back to old drivers Archer,since you seem to only play one game ,but for myself and the majority here i need the latest drivers as i play many different games. I do not consider what these people are saying (including myself) whining. I just trhink when a game goes to open beta it should have stable video performance for the number one most used video cards currently in use today.
I'm in the same situation. Rolling back my drivers is simply not a solution I can accept.

Right now, I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorder, and let's be honest now, can anyone blame me? I would effectively be wasting my free month if I bought the game now, considering that I can't finish any ground missions.

I like the game, I really do. Space combat is awesome, it brings me right back to my PotBS days and that's amazing, but seriously, I won't force myself to pay for half a game. I'm really sorry, maybe I am a whiner, but I just won't do it...
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Rolling back drivers IS NOT AN OPTION for me. I have NVIDIA 3D VISION and it only works with the absolute latest drivers.

On to the 3d, its pretty good except for shadows and post processing effects. (and stuttering of course) The shadows really dont line up well with their objects they are shadowing. had to turn em off. But other than that, im happy with the 3d.

my rig...
Intel core i5 running @ 3.6ghz
EVGA p55FTW edition SLI mobo
dual GTX 275 SLI
NVIDIA 3d VISION
4x 256GB SSD in raid
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
This is a huge problem, it makes the game unplayable for people with these cards.

Nvidia and Cryptic need to stop blaming each other, and please fix this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsCK
This is a huge problem, it makes the game unplayable for people with these cards.

Nvidia and Cryptic need to stop blaming each other, and please fix this issue.
and ati?
Lt. Commander
# 60 3D vision
01-13-2010, 01:38 PM
There is the problem, the new 3D vision system, i did remove it from my system and it runs, better, allot of old games run like crap because of that system, Its new, and nvidia claim its not beta, well it is, and it bugges, apperently, and why do you all think that new drivers is better? tell me whats the big difference on the 190.62 and 195? i know the 3D vision, but what else, so far i havent seen any difference in any game i got on my PC.