Lt. Commander
# 1 Dismissing Bridge Officers.
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Now that we can Dismiss DOffs for a small payment of Dilithium Ore (75) and Recruitment CXP (10):

Can we get a similar compensation for Dismissing excess Bridge Officers, please?

Thank you for your consideration.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I got some dilithium and recruit xp for dismissing DOffs!

I was just clearing space (I keep a few "undesirables" around for the "Execute for Incompetence" (::evil chuckle: mission but I had waaaay too many. Extra Doff space please!).
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
I was pleasantly surprised when I got some dilithium and recruit xp for dismissing DOffs...
As was I, especially when the text says you don't get compensated (I've already alerted Heretic here). Well, really, I was more "pleased" than surprised, as I'd had some friends insist to me in chat that it was so. Anyway, it is a nice and reasonable feature. I think it wise and appropriate that we get similar compensation for getting rid of undesirable BOs, don't you?

Quote:
...Extra Doff space please...
May I refer you to this suggestion thread.

Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I think it wise and appropriate that we get similar compensation for getting rid of undesirable BOs, don't you?
Yes, something for dismissing a BOff would make sense as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Yes, something for dismissing a BOff would make sense as well.
I agree. Considering a BO is in some ways more valueable than a DOff you'd think we could get something for them. And between the normal leveling BOs, those provided via DOff missions, as well as the BOff store, C-Store, Exchange, etc. I've got BOs coming out mah nose.

I've already got rid of so many over the years, it seems such a waste.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
I should note there have been some internal discussions about tweaking the dismissal mechanic (not the reward, specifically). There is concern that it's not very clear to players what happens and why. No timeline at the moment on when any changes might happen, though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Say, what ever happened to that "Personnel exchange" we were meant to be getting?

From when I remember hearing of it; it was designed to allow you to hire n fire bridge/duty officers, provide a Boff/Doff bank for your characters/fleet, and possibly other things I can't remember right now.

Let me guess... Season 6? :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Yea! I have about 14 BOffs want to join my crew and would love to have something more than EC when I sell them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I should note there have been some internal discussions about tweaking the dismissal mechanic (not the reward, specifically). There is concern that it's not very clear to players what happens and why. No timeline at the moment on when any changes might happen, though.
That's good that, at least, it's being considered. Please keep us informed, when you can. As always, I appreciate your response.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I'd rather not see this change. Right now, we have a vibrant exchange market for Boffs, allowing players to customize their bridge crew how they want. I worry that if you get dilithium for dismissing them, then no one will put them on the exchange. This would make it harder to customize your bridge crew how you want. It would be different if it were easier to get boffs of different types and qualities, but right now the main source seems to still be new players ranking up. The doff system has changed this somewhat, but not entirely.
Closed Thread