Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Admiral Rank Suggestion
02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Instead of T6 ships (Which I DO NOT WANT)

What about if you could assign your best BOFF(s) a starship to aid you when you need help? As part as the reputation system, I think this could work ...

Assign ___ to a ___ class starship

x Dilithium
etc
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 2
02-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
Instead of T6 ships (Which I DO NOT WANT)

What about if you could assign your best BOFF(s) a starship to aid you when you need help? As part as the reputation system, I think this could work ...

Assign ___ to a ___ class starship

x Dilithium
etc
I believe Dsthal already put this notion out there, and he said they were working on it, it would allow admiral ranked players to have their boffs promoted to captains and allowing them to function in space as they would ground, for this option however they'd finally need to make an Admiral ranked Sector block filled with terribly harsh enemies, Undine would be perfect for this.

the reason for the terribly harsh Sector block area would be simply put, with the boff system in ships, they would be very very very strong..so strong that anything we have now would be closer to weak.

or they'd have to revamp much of the AI to ballance the two out.

I personally would have all my 2 or 4 boffs ( depending which way they swing ) flying carriers. or just two of my boffs in andorian warships.

Last edited by daedalus304; 02-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
02-26-2013, 01:51 PM
When asked about T6 ships, DStahl seemed reluctant to go there, and instead suggests they are working on ways that you will be able to improve your T5 ships.

Generally speaking, I think this is a good approach to the problem T6 ships negating my investment in T5 ships.
Captain
# 4
02-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I have been asking for this for a long time. Having our bridge officers promoted to captains would allow our currently unused ships to finally be of some use such as fighting with them in combat or sending them on missions which uses a similar system to duty officer assignments. I can go either way with the Tier 6 ships, but if Tier 6 ships exist, then they should be only commanded by Admirals and our npc captains can't use them. Npc captains should only be able to use ships up to Tier 5.5. As it is now, we spend $25 or more on a C-Store ship and play with it until we get tired or something better comes along. The ships we spend money on collect dust and never get any more use which I find more disheartening than the addition of a Tier 6 ship. If we are going to be called Admirals, then we need Admiral gameplay.
Captain
# 5
02-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
I believe Dsthal already put this notion out there, and he said they were working on it, it would allow admiral ranked players to have their boffs promoted to captains and allowing them to function in space as they would ground, for this option however they'd finally need to make an Admiral ranked Sector block filled with terribly harsh enemies, Undine would be perfect for this.

the reason for the terribly harsh Sector block area would be simply put, with the boff system in ships, they would be very very very strong..so strong that anything we have now would be closer to weak.

or they'd have to revamp much of the AI to ballance the two out.

I personally would have all my 2 or 4 boffs ( depending which way they swing ) flying carriers. or just two of my boffs in andorian warships.
They don't need to make anything new. They already have a great big area with a portal to the Undine that isn't used for anything but 2 missions back behind the borg sector. Also they already have two admiral-only explore zones that are completely, 100% identical to the non-admiral-only explore zones of the same name.

Just dump new enemies and missions into those already existing locations. No new zones needed.