Starfleet Veteran
I walk in our Fleet base ... which is, surprise surprise the same (expect if you do not have a special project) as anyone fleet base. There is no our fleet there ... just a map. When can we have our fleet badge hanged up and painted on the walls with pride. When can we change the colour of this, and that, move that chair there, have a chair varients, have picture-on-the-walls options. When can we add a bit of ... Fleet to it?

One last thing

The personal on the Starbase do not wear the fleet uniform. I mean ... seriously?!

Anyone else agree?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 2
02-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Interior (and exterior) customization is something the devs have mentioned a few times. It would definitely add more 'personality' to the starbase. I'd imagine if they could do fleet uniforms for the NPCs then we could have a ship uniform on our starships. It's a good idea, just a matter of when they'd put in the time to do it over say, KDF content or feature episodes.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 3
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I half expect Cryptic to make fleet customization a special project costing a relativley ungodly amount of dilithium.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Captain
# 4
02-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
I half expect Cryptic to make fleet customization a special project costing a relativley ungodly amount of dilithium.
It'll be the grand prize in the starbase lockbox
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I will say perhaps one of the 'easiest' things that could be done is this.

We can display holographic items, the holiday reward is an indicator of this.
Now obviously the costume editor lets us display our fleet icon. I assume this can be translated into a larger display, like this hologram.

It would be nicer if there there were wall mounts where a plaque version could be displayed, but hey if we could pull off that one 'little' thing, it would go a long way from all starbases being a mass produced industrial item