Lt. Commander
# 1 GameClient.exe Freezes
01-15-2010, 11:34 PM
So, I launch the game and it loads the character selection screen(i've already created a character). I select him and it loads the map and brings up the image of being an an elevator lift. The lift doors open and then the game freezes. The music keeps playing, but nothing happens. So I alt+tab+delete and bring up the task manage. It shows Star Trek Online as 'Not Responding". So I end the task and I get a message saying "Gameclient.exe not responding". Can anyone point me in the direction of what i need to do here? I've been so excited to particpate in the beat and have yet to make iit into actual play. Hopefully this is something with a fairly easy fix? I appreciate anyone's help here. Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 01:13 AM
been having this problem all day. Gameclient.exe is not responding. The application seems to be getting hung up by vista. all drivers are updated and there's obviously a conflict. wish they would get on this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 01:39 AM
This happens with me as well when I test this on my laptop. I have also noticed that it hangs only when trying to load INTO Sol Sector. Is your issue localized like mine is? Everything else you described I have also experienced.

My laptop is older which is likely the problem, but if you are using a newer rig and getting this issue, it could be caused by something else. I believe it may be due to the population density of the sector and the inability for this comp's graphics card to interpret, then render the information on screen. As of yet I have had no issue on my desktop running XP and a GeForce card.

Perhaps if you post your computer's specs - especially the details about your graphics card - then an answer can be found.
Lt. Commander
# 4 same problem
01-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi, I am having the same problem. I am trying to "warp" into the Sol Sector but at about 90% the status bar is freezing :-(
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2010, 08:06 AM
It happens to me as well. It usually only happens after the screen that shows the atari and cryptic logos but before you can select your character. Unless the drivers have been updated in the last few days then they are current. Oh and i am running 64bit windows 7.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2010, 09:08 AM
I have just updated my drivers and the problem is still there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Freezing
01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Same thing here. I finished the Borg, then warped to Sol, where I get hung up. Terminated GameClient, restarted, and loaded right into the warp screen for Sol. GC.exe is also consuming well over 90% of my CPU, too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Im having a freezing issue when im in pretty much any system... usually when im in the middle of combat
Lt. Commander
# 10 Exactly
01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
This is exactly my problem. It goes to load starts to show the begining of the zone right after Character Creation and BAM! Freeze and Not Responding. So I would really like to know how to fix this..