Lt. Commander
# 41
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuggan
All in all, it has been a smooth transit from Closed Beta to Open Beta.
Yep, sure was. I'm at the logon screen too.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Shot View Post
THIS ISN'T THE FINAL PRODUCT IT'S BETA allcaps.
You haven't read it correctly: I meant something like this shouldn't happen at the release of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
good to know im not the only one :p the website/forum is dragging its feet too, really slow
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Now the launcher doesn't even seem to be loading properly.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzgerald
Experiencing multiple disconnects as well, but I remind myself (should post it note it to my monitor perhaps) that this is Beta and things like this can and will happen.

The good news is that since it's OB launch day no doubt it's all hands on deck on the USS Cryptic. Dev posts have already acknowledged the issue is being investigated/fixed and even the launcher News has been updated.
Wish you hadn't posted that. I went ahead and dropped out of the game client so I could see this message and now they have the login screen busted so I can't get back into the client. At least with the client launched I could keep attempting to connect.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I have been in and out of the game a couple of times now. First time I took my time making a character, but after being disconnected 2 times, I just made one as fast as possible. Then plated some and disconnected again. All in all it's been the best beta I have been in so far. Usually in betas I've just been waiting for hours.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I just hope the fix is soon, as in today, not later this week... REALLY enjoying it so far...
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Vanilla Wow wasnt that bad on beta day 1. I played many mmo's on first day and havent seen such an unstable start since Anarchy Online. Could log in now twice - just to see a totally ugly world and character movement mechanics that make even "Earth & Beyond"s (RIP) look beautiful. Honestly, you release something like that in 2010 and hope to make money beyond initial sales? Give. Me. A. Break.

Oh, and launcher now says "We are aware that *some* people experience blablabla..." Why do you start the industry typical lying on day 1? Its not some. Its everybody. Why dont MMO companies learn to build a proper login-mechanism with queues and fallbacks first? Even if the game would look like if it was made with love (which it doesnt), you still would freighten many of those Fileplanet users who wanted to check it out - and will most probably never buy it.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It will be aaaaaall fixed on launch day. Hahaha.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
whiney kids... beta is test not the game itself... its to find out why this is happening and then upgrade on it... me for one think Cryptic is doing a awsome job and this game has ALOT of potential... whiney people thinking they have a right to play 24/7 in open beta go back to where you came from... (sorry couldent resist...)
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
It would appear that Cryptic were not prepared for the volume of players logging into the game. I am part way through the early stages of the tutorial and can only go about 5 minutes or so before being disconnected, after which it takes a good 15 to 20 minutes to even get back to the character screen, let alone the map!