Lt. Commander
# 51
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Its not surprising thoguh, with such an high increase in the numebr of players, the servers havnt had to deal with that many before, Its good though, stress testing the servers to know its capabilities, and see how much upgrading needs to be done, sooner the better.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullet
Okay, I can understand being disconnected during character creation, ... kinda, .... but, in 5 mins into actually playing the game. They really need to do something about this.

I understand Betas are not demos, but they can't get feedback if we can't play. This should be the very first issue they fix. Earlier comments suggest they have had the same problem during the "Closed Beta". Thus, my title. "This is just not right!"
Ah, but they are getting feedback. Loads of feedback. Its just not about the content, but instead mostly about their server software/hardware not being up to the task of handling all of the beta users. I can only imagine the tons of useful data they are accumulating server side as we attempt (and fail) to play.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Keth Abaran, when the servers fell.

But seriously, this going to happen and I don't think there is much that can be done about it. Let's just give it some time and let Cryptic do their thing. We can expect this today, headstart day, and launch day.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-12-2010, 12:17 PM
yes moderatly annoying but this is what open beta is for, it's the first real stress test, so these type of problems are to be expected, now if we are having these problems on launch day, I'm sure cryptic knows they they will lose accounts fast, so I will give them till the second. after that then I will begin to be upset.

the little I did play did seem very new and fun!
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog
So sorry for the technical glitches some of you are seeing from the login servers. We are fully aware of the issues and we have a fix that we will be applying to our servers just as quickly as we can.

Stay Tuned
Cheers for the quick reply
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZenith View Post
It would appear that Cryptic were not prepared for the volume of players logging into the game.
I am very happy that this happened actually in beta. Now they know a bit how their servers handle alot of logins at the same time and can work to improve it.

We rather have this kind of loginproblem early in the beta then at launch
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
VeovisX I got a feeling you will be disapointed... I tested closed and open betas and started on day one in release in atleast a few games (wow, star wars galaxies, Lineage2 and moore not so big) and what I found so far... not a single mmo game has a clean start...
it took wow 3 years atleast to get to a good level... lineage2 I had issues with even last time I tested it a few months back... SWG was the best of them far as I was concerned...

But main thing is... login servers... first days of release or open beta or what not... they will have issues.. no server in this world was made for this kinda preaure... once more people gotten further into the game itself and less people log in at same time it will go alot smoother. there will still be bugs but not AS bad.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Well, for those of you in the UK, I suggest sitting down and watching Survivors on the beeb at 9.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Thats not more funny... it is only a closed beta but there the servers must work!

I can login me... but then the text "Map is not accepting logins because it is full!"

Lt. Commander
# 60
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
all i can say.. as usual .. a MMO starts it's open beta phase .. also called "potential customer sniffing days" and the server explodes. Didn't had one MMO start that wasn't nearly unplayable for the fisrt few days. Shame that this still happens always but as the guys from **** said "Why buy expensive hardware for a few weeks of peak if the load will cease after the initial days."