Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 101
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
There ARE multiple servers, just all running in tandem to create one GIANT server, from my understanding.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMuteAu View Post
Gosh I'm glad this is a PG rated forums, so I don't have to tell people like you and Angrymouse (for example) what I think of your attitude. Its first day of Open Beta, of course things are going to go wrong.

*logs off the forums*
You have no idea how much I agree with that statement, that it scares me.

I mean, ITS THE FIRST DAY OF OPEN BETA, for WoW it was the same thing, for STW same thing, For EQ1 and EQ2 guess what... SAME THING!!! My point is, for as long as there have been MMO's there have been Open Beta, and for as long as there has been Open Beta, there was always that first week of beta pains.

My advice to everyone is simply this: Suck it up, seriously, bare with it for awhile, because we're doing a great service to Cryptic by letting them know about even small problems like overloaded servers. That way, there won't be problems like this latter on. (Not including the first month of Launch... cause that will feel like the first few days of Open Beta too, so prep for that as well.)
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedikia View Post
This is exactly why there needs to be multiple servers, this is only the open beta , imagine the load there will be on the game release.
I'm guessing no one reads the above posts, cause if you did, comments like this would not occur. Quoting G.I Joe here: KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE, really, read the above posts.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
It's beta, its beta, it's beta. I love this battlecry of the ever faithful. You only have another few weeks to utilize that excuse.

Open beta = Stress Testing servers. That just means that so far Cryptic is failing their stress test. No big deal. I'm sure in a week or 2 the OB people will be able to actually access the game. Unfortunately a couple days later, the release will happen and the influx of even more people will stress the servers even more. According to the CB posters this happens every time an influx of people occurs.

What battlecry will people use on Release Day?

"Its day one, there's bound to be problems, relax people"

6 months on

"Its only been out for 6 months people, relax"

There will always be people defending, and people griping.

I personally only look at how fast the game developers respond to problems, the contingency plans they have in place, and the rate and depth at which they communicate these plans to their potential customer base.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
This will be STO first Epic thread.... keep it coming boys.

10:30am EST in Australia, spent about 30 minutes tweaking and making my dude, then the maps are full message appears.

I'm not complaining at all just a little Aussie input from down under.
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Same prob here. Hopefully fixed soon. Funny this wasn't a prob in closed beta.....guess there are alot more people now though.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Map full...been trying for a while now.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
map is full....for 3 hrs now =P

but i did enjoy the 30 min i was able to log on. shouldn't of trashed my char to start again
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedikia View Post
This is exactly why there needs to be multiple servers, this is only the open beta , imagine the load there will be on the game release.
Haven't you been reading? There *are* multiple servers but they are not set up like traditional mmo's do with naming the servers and being restricted to the server you choose. These have no names, and you get assigned to the instance of the server that has room, but you are not restricted to just one. When you are grouped with people you get to go to the instance that that group member is in so you don't get seperated. Just because you don't see a physical name tied to the server list doesn't mean there is only one. The problem lies in thousands of people trying to log in at the same time. All 'instances' are full and keep filling.
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
All of the issues are seeing are well documented and being updated constantly on the Known Issues thread.

The map is full issue is a downright bug. We're fixing it in the next patch.