Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
same issue here map full
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Players should be able to choose witch instances there going to be on! Right now we don't get to choose at all! This has to be fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 23 Getting better..
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Welll, things are progressing in a slightly more positive direction! To begin with, client response is snappy and shows no signs of lag (even while logging in) and I was able to complete the first small portion of the tutorial before I was being asked to beam over to the next ship. At this point, after interacting with the transporter, I again recieved the "full map" error and was kicked from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
I knew this would happen, it went from a small number of closed beta testers to almost the whole planet, Cryptic just needs to add more servers/clusters to get it sorted and the auto-instance selection is a good thing in this situation, it picks an instance that is not full and when none are, it disconnects you.

Annoying since they shouldn't have had this issue in open beta, but i guess it can't be helped, i will wait a few hours or something, such a put off to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
This needs to be more like CO when it comes to the instances! I like to know what instance I'm going to!
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
The dumb part isn't that you can't get in (there's a ton of people trying to log in, duh), it's that Cryptic didn't have the foresight to create a queuing system.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieK81
I knew this would happen, it went from a small number of closed beta testers to almost the whole planet, Cryptic just needs to add more servers/clusters to get it sorted and the auto-instance selection is a good thing in this situation, it picks an instance that is not full and when none are, it disconnects you.

Annoying since they shouldn't have had this issue in open beta, but i guess it can't be helped, i will wait a few hours or something, such a put off to be honest.
The game should not "boot"us if it cannot find an instance. It should before you transport, the game should find a free instance, or just send us back to the original map.

Does anyone know where to post suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I have had the same problems involving logging in due to map congestion. I had hoped that due to the somewhat infamous choice of 'Heavy instancing' that this would not be as prevalent today. Apparently they need 'Heavier Instancing?'

As to dumping, I would rather wait in queue while maps become available. I got dumped during the tutorial for switching to a new area. I was trying to speed through the early area to lessen the load for other people to login/get a map, but I guess other people were doing that too.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
A note on bug reporting...

Map too full or unable to connect due to server issues aren't bugs. They are normal inconveniences that you will find anytime you try connecting to a MMO the first day of OB or first day of retail release. It also doesn't have to be posted in multiple forums.

Bugs are things that are actually wrong with the game and not just server problems caused by too many people connecting at once. Granted, it would be good not to kick you all the way out or to have a queue system in place for logging in, but that goes in the feedback forum rather than the bug forum.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkerPhantom View Post
The game should not "boot"us if it cannot find an instance. It should before you transport, the game should find a free instance, or just send us back to the original map.

Does anyone know where to post suggestions?

IIt's beta. this is not the finished game. Good lord.

Anyhow when I did get in, I got to the Khitomer with no lag whatsoever. Other than just really wanting to play, open beta is going good so far.