Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I tried following your logic but it didn't work. Sorry.
Considering it's your own logic at work, that should tell you something.

Quote:
It is perfectly clear that the majority of content is PvE. I think it's also very clear to say that the majority of players are PvE as well. If not, there would have been more love given to PvP. Given that only the minority can benefit from a PvP reputation that seems like a waste of resources.
You do realize that predicating your entire position on Cryptic making logical decisions is probably not the best way to get people to come over to your line of thinking right?
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering it's your own logic at work, that should tell you something.
My logic was sound. You tried to turn it in to something that it wasn't.
Captain
# 33
02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Now THERE'S a lot of hyperbole.

EC can be made by playing PvE, which is the game's primary method of game play.

Dilithium can be made by playing PvE, which is the game's primary method of game play.

The foundry contributes to PvE, which is the game's primary method of game play.

The KDF should be given more content as they've asked. The content that's been asked for? More missions that enable klinks to start at level 1. That sort of content sounds like PvE. Guess what that is? The game's primary method of game play. (I don't play klinks but feel for them. They need more and that more should be taken care of BEFORE PvP reputation.)

I tried following your logic but it didn't work. Sorry.

It is perfectly clear that the majority of content is PvE. I think it's also very clear to say that the majority of players are PvE as well. If not, there would have been more love given to PvP. Given that only the minority can benefit from a PvP reputation that seems like a waste of resources.

If PvP was fixed, then that would be a different matter as I suspect there would be more people willing to try it out. Until then, love should be given to the majority, not the minority.
The majority of posters in this thread don't agree with you, if you were to apply your position to this thread.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
02-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
The majority of posters in this thread don't agree with you, if you were to apply your position to this thread.
Which means that the majority of the posters in this thread are happy for PvP to continue being broken. Great!!!
Captain
# 35
02-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Which means that the majority of the posters in this thread are happy for PvP to continue being broken. Great!!!
This isn't correct. The majority of posters in this thread believe any PvP reputation rewards should take PvP activity to obtain. This has nothing to do w/the current balance of PvP or lack thereof.

Edit: The majority of posters in this thread find your rationale flawed.
Career Officer
# 36
02-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
I'll also bet that there are more non-PvPers than PvPers. Why should the majority miss out?

Miss out on what, PvP Rep for PvP?

They don't have to miss out, PvP Arena is right there and anyone can join.

Bootcamp is there to help everyone.

Here's an idea:

Instead of shouting from the rooftops that you hate PvPers and that they deserve nothing in your little sandbox - why not try and find a small PvP fleet to ally with?

Maybe you're in a big PvE fleet that can help fill out 20 man Starbase Defense for mass FM farming and maybe they can show you the ropes in Arena, and teach you some tips and tricks.

Lt. Commander
# 37
02-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Cryptic is faced with a choice, and neither choice is totally invalid. They can adopt an 'if you build it they will come' mentality and hope that if they develop PvP further more people will use it, or they can simply cut their losses and focus on elements that are already more developed and popular. Ideally, they would take the first option. It's good business; a good well-rounded product reflects well on the developers, a lopsided one with major features ignored does not.

But resources are limited. So who knows.
Captain
# 38
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Look at it this way, the more people are tempted in by nifty PvP gear, the more complaints about PvP there will be on the forums; and the further up the devs list of priorities PvP is likely to move. So this might just be the way to get PvP fixed.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Captain
# 39
02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
My logic was sound. You tried to turn it in to something that it wasn't.
So you didn't demand something for nothing because you don't like a particular playstyle?

You didn't demand that a marginalized population remain marginalized simply because you don't like them?

You didn't make the assertion that a majority of players must like something for it to be worthwhile?

Last edited by stirling191; 02-26-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Captain
# 40
02-26-2013, 10:29 AM
While I certainly agree that a PVP reputation would suck (I'd just go shieldless and AFK it while I got get lunch or something), this is the first I've heard of it other than a couple of "I Waaaaaaaant" wishlist threads. Darramouss, got a source?