Lt. Commander
# 11 10 gigabyte patch!?
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
If it's true that we have to download a 10 gigabyte patch after all the the time it takes to download this current client, I am going to be a very sad panda.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthyasL View Post
If it's true that we have to download a 10 gigabyte patch after all the the time it takes to download this current client, I am going to be a very sad panda.
10 GB? Are you serious? Isn't there a bundled client with patch version so we can skip the huge patch?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I got that from someone else posting here. I've heard from other sources the patch isn't that bad. Only one way to find out for sure though...
Lt. Commander
# 14 Help
01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I as well am only pulling about 60k/s. If there is another 10g of patches, I may never get to play. I payed good money to get my chance at the open beta. What is the problem?? Why doesn't Atari have a place to download from?? Thats who I bought my preorder from. When I try to go the sites that say if you have preordered, it says that I have to purchase it again. I have been waiting, much like everyone else on this thread to get my chance at this great game. I expected to be playing by now. PLEASE HELP US CRYPTIC!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 15 10g patch
01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes its true I started the 10g patch at 1pm EST and it is now 2:46pm EST and its only at 59.6% yes that's right folks beta may have gone live at 1pm EST (10pm Pacific) but after 1h and 46 mins I still have not reached the login screen I'm a bit suprised that this would occur on the beginning of open beta I would have thought that they would want people in there ASAP, my mistake. Unless things change I'm not entirely sure I may continue with my subscription (especially after reading this thread and the non response). Happy Downloading!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I as well am only pulling about 60k/s. If there is another 10g of patches, I may never get to play. I payed good money to get my chance at the open beta. What is the problem?? Why doesn't Atari have a place to download from?? Thats who I bought my preorder from. When I try to go the sites that say if you have preordered, it says that I have to purchase it again. I have been waiting, much like everyone else on this thread to get my chance at this great game. I expected to be playing by now. PLEASE HELP US CRYPTIC!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 11:58 AM
I've been downloading the torrent for nearly 2 days now, It was REALLY slow the first day, but it's picking up slack now.
I'm on 63%, it's gone up more in the last hour than it did in the first 12.

Hopefully I will have finished the download by tonight for my day off tomorrow. Booked it off especially!!
Lt. Commander
# 18 Like steam is that fast???
01-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Had to go elsewhere for me to get **** to download. I perused the sites and decided a borg would be cool so I ordered at amazon yesterday only to be told that at Amazon you get your beta key 2 days after you place your order by 2 diferent folks over there. I guess it doesnt make a fing difference with the link at fileplanet thats boken and 2 web sites in german that dont want to work wtf!!! pre order for beta is a bunch of BS. Even if somehow Amazon comes through I will never have the damn game even downloaded before the end of the month and at the STO it says new download sites will be added soon. How about a week or 2 ago???? How can u bone it this bad??/ Droped on your head what???
Lt. Commander
# 19 I Just Wanna Play!
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
"Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a.zip could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."

This was the message I got after waiting for 17 crazy hours for this thing to only get 38% done. I'm on a brand new, freshly formatted computer and my internet connection isn't terrible. Needless to say I was baffled and annoyed...but what can you do? So, I downloaded it again. "great, only 9 more hours to go..." 3 hours later, I got the same message at 6%. My computer's transfer rate was regularly about 280-300k/s from file planet while the STO Downloader never seemed to get above 15 for some reason. Is there a more reliable/faster place for me to download this client from? I wanna play so bad!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
To be honest given that there are likely lots of people downloading the client download speeds are going to suck, there is only so much bandwidth available and bandwidth trust me is expensive, it may take time but remember that a Beta is a Beta.

I've only just started downloading the installer and have on average 116k a second so its not terrible, I guess its a reason to leave my computer on over night.