Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
AND NOW FILE PLANET TELLS ME THIS!!!

Unable to add to line
This server is currently full or not accepting new connections at this time.

Not fair. This guy feels ripped off. I want my beta and I want it in less than 10 days.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I am like most here I tried fileplanet it was a joke after 2hours I had 40mb of file. I actually called cryptic to see if they had a solution the tech support told me to try the torrent. It is faster at time but still over a day to download the file. As many people have said this will take forever with a 10g patch.

Has anyone here paid file planet there 7 dollars and if so is it faster and I mean around the 200-300kbs area not 150
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
This is seriously ridiculous. It took forever just to get FilePlanet to work. After being forced to sign up for it and download their little program, it told me I had to wait in line for 20 minutes. Over an hour later it finally started to download. It started at about 2 am. 12 hours later it had downloaded 1.25 gigs out of over 7. Now I've got the torrent going but it won't be done for one or two days at this rate. Would it have been so hard to release discs with the program on it for people who preordered? They sent out the cards, they should have come with an install disc. If they can't even get the beta right, what's the actual release going to be like?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicomb View Post
To be honest given that there are likely lots of people downloading the client download speeds are going to suck, there is only so much bandwidth available and bandwidth trust me is expensive, it may take time but remember that a Beta is a Beta.

I've only just started downloading the installer and have on average 116k a second so its not terrible, I guess its a reason to leave my computer on over night.
Granted, bandwidth is expensive, but cryptic promised me something when I gave up my 79 bucks. I'm sure I'm not the only ubergeek who bought this "Extra profitable collector's special edition" so they should be able to give us the bandwidth we need. Not to bash on you, but I can just see this becoming an "Oh, well its still in beta stages, give it a break" thing between people and I frankly don't think its fair to the those who PAID to get in on the beta when closed beta testers, who didnt pay, probably got their client in less than a day.
Lt. Commander
# 25 terrible download speed
01-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthyasL View Post
I agree that the downloading of the open beta client stinks heavily. The best speed I'm getting (I pre-ordered from Amazon) is 60-90kb a second from the torrent. My cable modem fairly recently upgraded their service so I could download 1.8 megabytes a second (on average). I am very disappointed.

I can tell you something I know someone that works for amazon.com and they had calls of people complaining about the same situation as well.... its a problem with cryptic .. probably they didn't expected the huge load of download or something like that... my download speed is like 30kb/s !!!! its gonna take 4 ever!!! ! its a big FAIL from this company !!!
Lt. Commander
# 26 Download speeds
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Well the torrent is looking like the best bet the more people the use it concievably the faster it will go since your pulling from other users PC the problem is that people are leaching and only downloading and not uploading any parts. all other methods are going at 24-80KB/s
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
It took em about 8 hours to downlaod using the torrent, speed what between 50/500 kb/s. seeding unlimited now,
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-12-2010, 12:56 PM
i wish this was fast ! i have been waiting very patiently, this is the third attempt now, i dont get nothing on the Downloader and the torrent is being really slow and i have a really reliable ISP grrr, *bangs head on wall until it falls off*
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
All I can say is that it will be a cold day in hell before I ever send File Planet a nickel of my money.

This is like extortion, they make me wait (75 minutes atm) to download something I already paid for. Not only that, but they make no guranttee of what kind of download speed I might be able to get even if I fork overthe $7.

There is no download site for Digital River? WTF not?

There are two new German download sites that don't seem to work and I don't read German so How do I know I'm even downloading the English client?

This does not bode well for Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 30 terrible download
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
same problem here. I tought i could try out the game in beta, but by the time i will have succesfully downloaded it, the beta test time will be over. This is a sad start. I guess the servers could not handle all the pre-orders