Lt. Commander
# 31
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure but from what I've seen it's possibly to alter the language in the launcher. And the file provided on the german mirror site seems to be identical with the one you get anywhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Has anyone tried the Steam download?

I've read this entire thread and saw no mention of it.

Anyone? Bueller?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Add me to the list of the not happy campers.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterhart
Yes its true I started the 10g patch at 1pm EST and it is now 2:46pm EST and its only at 59.6% yes that's right folks beta may have gone live at 1pm EST (10pm Pacific) but after 1h and 46 mins I still have not reached the login screen I'm a bit suprised that this would occur on the beginning of open beta I would have thought that they would want people in there ASAP, my mistake. Unless things change I'm not entirely sure I may continue with my subscription (especially after reading this thread and the non response). Happy Downloading!
What the frak? 8 GB client + 10 GB patch. This is worse than Age of Conan and others. Come on! Why not bundle the client and patch together to make it smaller. Geez.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samguss View Post

Anyone? Bueller?
A buddy of mine pre-ordered through Steam and he got right in and is playing right now. Unfortunately I went through Atari as I wanted to not have STO linked to my Steam account (just a personal preference thing). If you don't mind STO being linked up to Steam they are worth a shot!
Lt. Commander
# 36 steam and d2d ftw
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samguss View Post

Anyone? Bueller?
I have looked at numberious threads about this worthless client download problem and it looks like the 2 places that people lucked out is those who bought with either steam or direct2drive. Both have thier own independant download links, servers and facilities and the chatter from everyone who bought from them is that they spent no more than 2 hours downloading and are now playing. I pre-ordered from gamestop for an instore pick up and I am going to call them about seeing if I can cancle my order as they dont charge you until you pick up the disk on release day. If you can cancle your orders or are willing to swallow a $60 loss you can repreorder the game ( I prefere D2D as steam is kinda invasive with their copy protection) from one of the two that actually hold up on their promise of giving you access to the open beta.

On a more personal note from me to cyrptic and anyone else involved with developing this game....you will not get another penny from me as a future costomer, you are formally blacklisted by myself and Im guess many others. Have fun sucking jerks
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Here is an update for me from earlier today.

After cancelling my Atari Preorder and going to D2D, I have now have an increase in DLing speed. I am getting around 350 kb/s. It should be done in 5 or 6 hours I think, since I am now at 2.37GB after starting the DL shortly after I created this post. Good luck with fileplanet guys.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-13-2010, 02:41 PM
According to http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?vie....Detail&id=299 , the patch is about 2.5 GB (still big though).