Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 754
# 51
02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
There's no point in offering the KDF any 3-packs because they won't buy them and Cryptic won't recoup any of the development costs. Why waste the time and effort to offer something that won't be accepted or even purchased?
Read the title bro.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 549
# 52
02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
The Chimera's tenth console is integrated into the ship itself as it transforms into two variations (offensive and defensive) modes. At least this is what I have read thus far and yes it is debatable. Id personally prefer a tenth console as the offensive mode does not last very long and limits you to using phasers o ly on this ship.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,865
# 53
02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
The Chimera's tenth console is integrated into the ship itself as it transforms into two variations (offensive and defensive) modes. At least this is what I have read thus far and yes it is debatable. Id personally prefer a tenth console as the offensive mode does not last very long and limits you to using phasers o ly on this ship.
Those transformations are possible when you equip a Chimera special console in one of the 9 console slots. It's not an integrated ability as is the Lance on the Galaxy-X, or the Guramba's Javelin.

Btw, I very much expected the Chimera and the Peghqu' to spawn the "tactical 3-packs". After all, they have the same Boff layout as the Odyssey/Bortasqu' and the Vesta. The fact they didn't do that is sure pleasant for the LTS and 1000-day vets.

On the other hand, I'm not overly happy about this Kumari line. The original Kumari looks much better (just saw an episode with it on TV today), and I'm not a fan of these 5 forward slots that the KDF will probably never get.

Either way, please do some KDF ships first and only then we can discuss another FED 3-pack.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 54
02-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
There's no point in offering the KDF any 3-packs because they won't buy them and Cryptic won't recoup any of the development costs. Why waste the time and effort to offer something that won't be accepted or even purchased?
I would buy it. I'm sure others would too.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 338
# 55
02-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I would buy it. I'm sure others would too.
I also would be interested in purchasing a KDF 3-pack. I didn't buy the bortas pack because the ship didn't suit my KDF characters' playstyle, although when I create a KDF Engineer I might consider it. However, I would totally go for a 3-pack Gorn science/fleet support pack or a tactical pack (raptor, battlecruiser, destroyer, or maybe even bop) offering 5 forward weapons slots or AT LEAST an option on one of the variants to have 5 tactical consoles. There are now three Federation escorts with this option but only one Klingon cruiser...a very slow cruiser...with them.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,865
# 56
02-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I would buy it. I'm sure others would too.
Yup, me too. Unless it's as hideous as the Guramba (and/or transforms in a similar way).

EDIT: Oh, and I'm buying the Bortasqu' pack in the next ship sale. I want to make that ship work ("go" ).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 02-27-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,089
# 57
02-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
There's no point in offering the KDF any 3-packs because they won't buy them and Cryptic won't recoup any of the development costs. Why waste the time and effort to offer something that won't be accepted or even purchased?
I would be interested if they didn't make it lousy like the Bortasqu, the Bortasqu is inferior just about every way to the Odyssey and every other Battlecruiser cept for having most tac consoles which does it little good.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 58
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
I have a build for a Bortasqu that I'm wanting to try. I will buy the three pack one day...

1. I'm a poor student with no job and freelance work is going slow.
2. I dont see the point putting any more money into this game until more KDF content is released. (Copypasta fed missions is not KDF content, either is a revamped tutorial).
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 613
# 59
02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
How about no? How about some more diversity instead of yet another freaking gunship? How about a fed ship with dual hangars and lots of engineering boffs for a true support ship? How about a KDF raider with a 5/1 weapon layout and 5 tac consoles for an ultimate hit-and-run ship? Something different, not just yet another MOAR GUNZ!!!
I could not have said it better myself
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 613
# 60
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcaptain420 View Post
Agreed. Kittens are indeed cute.
puppy eats kitten = Your argument is invalid
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 PM.