Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 81
02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Having the same problem!! "Error Decompressing Data" Obviously a corrupt file through download or something. U know, I can understand that Cryptic has their hands full this week. But this is a serious error that has been clearly going on for a month now. They could at the very least address the issue and let people know they're working on finding a solution. Even if they didn't untimately fix the problem for another week or so, I'd still feel less annoyed If I knew they were trying.

***People are paying for this, Criptic. I know it's not exactly "good for biz" to announce or acknowledge serious problems, however it's just not fair to the subscribers to keep us in the dark and act like the only serious issues are server capacity problems.***
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I have this issue as well. My error reads:

Fatal Error: Error Decompressing Data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.
Technical Details: ./piggs/texture.hogg: Texture_library/Space/Space_Sky/Rings/Sky_RIng_Milkyway_01_D.Wtex: Error decompressing data. Verifying files may fix this issue.

Verfiying files invariably crashes the launcher at some point in the verification process. I've reinstalled from my dvd and still have it as well. I tried removing the read only status from the cryptic folder, but it's immeidately reapplied so that seems to be out. I deleted and direct copied texture.hogg as well.

I'm getting the crash on my main character at the Rhi System in Alpha Centauri, but can log my klingon character in so I'm thinking it's a specific game graphic resource used in the area or something character specific now.