Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Flickering Graphics
01-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey all,

while I have been getting the "Map is full" error, I did manage to get in to the tutorial once. When I was inside the graphics were flickering like mad, sometimes everything but the UI would go out, sometimes it would just be a black slash across the screen. I am running a ATI Radeon X4350 mobile graphics card on a laptop. Last night I updated the drivers, then when I was getting the flickering I tried rolling them back. Now I'm getting the Map is full error, which is understandable what with the server load and all, so I haven't been able to test in game with the driver rolled back, however at the character selection screen I still get the flickering, so I'm guessing it'll still be there once I'm in game. Any thoughts?

EDIT: This is NOT the loading screen issue that many are reporting! This is an in-game graphical issue that makes the game UNPLAYABLE!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Remember to hit the green bug in game to report the bug properly. You will be prompted for a description. Don't just post here
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I've beta tested many times before, I know how it works bug reported, details and all, I was just wondering if anyone around here had found a fix for this issue or was having the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I get a litle flickering too, but really only on a LOADING screen where only the background flickers madly. This is running on a Radeon HD5870 card.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwynlaen
I get a litle flickering too, but really only on a LOADING screen where only the background flickers madly. This is running on a Radeon HD5870 card.
I get this same thing... But I'm running an Nvidia GTX260 with the 191.07 WHQL drivers. Since you have this on an ATI/AMD card that indicates this is an issue with their game engine! It's really an epilepsy hazard! I wonder if Cryptic has incorporated a disclaimer for that yet?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
So after managing to connect and run around a little, it doesn't make the game entirely unplayable, but almost, I imagine if I was in a serious combat situation I'd be unable to make it through. Hope there's a fix coming, but that's the way beta goes!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I get the same issue with the backgrouond loading screens on the 9800gtx+ on latest drivers. In game is fine, although choppy in places
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannyone View Post
I get this same thing... But I'm running an Nvidia GTX260 with the 191.07 WHQL drivers. Since you have this on an ATI/AMD card that indicates this is an issue with their game engine! It's really an epilepsy hazard! I wonder if Cryptic has incorporated a disclaimer for that yet?
Use version 190.62
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Anyone come up with a workaround for this with the ATI cards?
I just made it into the space part of the tutorial and it's impossible to play with this graphics issue, a total showstopper, I really hope this gets fixed by release because if it doesn't it looks like I'm out of luck as far as playing this game is concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
At the loading screen the edges blink like a strobe light. I had to remove my friend from the room as she is prone to seizures and this was happening alot. I have noticed this since closed beta, but thought it might be my graphic card. Going to attempt it on several computers before I actually bug it tho.