Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Manual Alert System
03-02-2013, 12:38 AM
It would be cool to manually switch your ship into different alert modes like those listed here:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Alert_signal

There could be an option in the options menu to handle red alert automatically, so your weapons become enabled when your fired upon, or when you attack a target. But if you wanted to handle alerts manually you could turn that option off and slot alert abilities onto your ability bar to manually declare alerts.

All Clear
Full Impulse enabled.
Weapons offline.
No modifiers.

Yellow Alert
Full Impulse disabled.
Weapons offline.
+30 able crewmen resistance. +30 alive crewmen resistance. +15 shield power level.

Red Alert
Full Impulse disabled.
Weapons online.

Blue Alert
Full Impulse disabled.
Weapons offline.
+100 crewmen recovery rate. +30 inertial dampeners, +15 auxiliary power.

Gray Alert
Full Impulse disabled.
Weapons offline.
+100 Starship stealth. -100 EPS, -25 to all power levels. EPS power debuff lasts 10 seconds after leaving Gray Alert.

Last edited by kamiyama317; 03-02-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Captain
# 2
03-02-2013, 12:59 AM
I doubt they would ever let you manually turn off Red Alert, it's a built in cooldown to keep you from running from combat.
Personally I would settle for being able to manually toggle auto attack, there are a few missions where the target is supposed to be disabled not destroyed, yet even when you succeed in disabling it, it stays flagged hostile so auto attack keeps on shooting, forcing you to go into options to disable auto attack so you can continue the mission.
Captain
# 3
03-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Personally I think the only alert level that should disable full impulse is Red as it is the only combat alert level, yellow is simply "Take a defensive stance"and nothing about impulse speeds has any effect on shielding or vice versa.

However I do agree we should chose our alert level and whether or not we want to engage a target after all nobody wants to be forced into a fight they blatantly can't win
Commander
# 4
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Than cant be cause It'd be more dificult and fun and lately the playerbase of this game is demanding more dumbing down instead, or it's what Cryptic tends to think.
Career Officer
# 5
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
I would love at the very least a yellow alert so I could go full impulse. That would be nice. RA keeps me in RA too long after fighting and there's some kind of delay between my connection to the server so I end up having to wait 20-30 seconds before I can FI over to the next part of the mission in group missions. No disables for full impulse on any other Alert please k thanx.

This would save us all some time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I doubt they would ever let you manually turn off Red Alert, it's a built in cooldown to keep you from running from combat.
Personally I would settle for being able to manually toggle auto attack, there are a few missions where the target is supposed to be disabled not destroyed, yet even when you succeed in disabling it, it stays flagged hostile so auto attack keeps on shooting, forcing you to go into options to disable auto attack so you can continue the mission.
Change your auto attack to "toggle, change cancels", then you'll stop firing every time you de-target whatever you're firing at.
Captain
# 7
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I'd prefer that the toggling of alert status be limited to a Foundry ship interior map function (i.e. authors could script ship interior maps to change lighting/klaxons/LCARS color schemes based on alert states based on scripted triggers).

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Lieutenant
# 8
03-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Agreed. If you're Captain of your own ship, half the fun is being able to yell out, "ALL HANDS RED ALERT!!" .

All other Star Trek games before this allowed for manual condition setting yourself, going back to Starfleet Academy and Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I've always wanted to do this, even if it was just on the bridge for RP reasons. I can understand why they don't let you manually change your alert setting.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Captain
# 10
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't think they will ever let you manually change alert status. I would like it if the Red Alert goes away a little faster when your not under attack and not attacking anything.