Lt. Commander
So Im trying to put the thread here. Seriously. Im also randomly dropping if I box out to look at the forums.

I made it as far as the second away team mission in tutorial and have not been able to contact the server since.

Now imagine this is Feb 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Huge loading problems in most of the starting zones.

looks like the stress testing in any case proves there aren't yet enough servers setup
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok now its "Couldnt Transfer Character"

So is my character stuck in that instance and needs to be deleted/redone?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Ok so now I get in, the mission doesnt update, and then I get disconnected.....

Hello Cryptic?

Is there a thread they have remotely responded to on this issue yet that I didnt see? I know theres alot more people now but Im pretty sure we still want communication.
Lt. Commander
You know, this is Cryptic's 3rd MMO open beta. Not only that, but how many MMO open betas have there been. You'd have thought that they'd have learned by now to open up server power for open beta. Either they are not using live server, they are completely inapt and haven't leaned anything from the past, or they just want to **** off their players. I cannot think of any other reasons why server issues would be happening this late in the beta process.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 11:10 AM
There are sever problems because the closed beta didnt have near as many players as the open beta has. I got like 10 invites inside of 10 minutes online, listened to people call the closed beta people elitist jerks and just alot of crap, as if the game was live, not being tested.

I was here for closed beta. Not a jerk. We know there are issues. It will take them getting through these new ones just to address issues we have had since before open beta. Saddly, this will be more of a excuse not to do things like redo sector space, fix cruisers, make bridges not somthing from a lego game, ect ect ect

So they are not trying to tick you off, the player, they are just busy giving SFI the middle finger.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
maybe there checking what is the least amount of resources they can use to have it run smooth only just started
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickus83 View Post
maybe there checking what is the least amount of resources they can use to have it run smooth only just started
It's a stupid way to do it. Turn the servers way up to max, then gradually tune them down if that's what they are looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
states map not accepting logins because it is full
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Maybe there doing it that way too make sure the servers dont come crashing down

But you would think they would max em out