Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
02-28-2013, 04:18 AM
Sounds most right.. accept the power usage. DHC are much more power efficient.

The main reason people have been pro DHC for a long time... is simply that the more dc you put on the faster your dmg drops of due to the much higher power usage.

My point is now with things like the DEM doff (more for battle cruisers and lockbox cruisers)... and the Cutting beam 2 piece omega proc.... you can offset most of that handicap in power usage. Thus gaining double to proc rate... you still won't see the 10k+ crits... but if you get a string you will get a ton of 4-6k crits off the DC... I find them very viable now. Previous to the items... and if you are not running the cutting beam they are still terrible.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Did you have a Cutting beam on out of curiosity ?

Cutting beam wont help as it does not strip shields, and he stated he couldnt even strip the shield facings,,cutting beam is for hull damage.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Sounds most right.. accept the power usage. DHC are much more power efficient.

The main reason people have been pro DHC for a long time... is simply that the more dc you put on the faster your dmg drops of due to the much higher power usage.

My point is now with things like the DEM doff (more for battle cruisers and lockbox cruisers)... and the Cutting beam 2 piece omega proc.... you can offset most of that handicap in power usage. Thus gaining double to proc rate... you still won't see the 10k+ crits... but if you get a string you will get a ton of 4-6k crits off the DC... I find them very viable now. Previous to the items... and if you are not running the cutting beam they are still terrible.

Although you are correct the wep amplifier proc will help a bit.
Career Officer
# 14
02-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
Although you are correct the wep amplifier proc will help a bit.
I believe that is the Maestro's main point. The kinetic damage is almost a total side issue to the two piece proc.
Captain
# 15
02-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus614 View Post
Cutting beam wont help as it does not strip shields, and he stated he couldnt even strip the shield facings,,cutting beam is for hull damage.
The borg weapons set 2 piece provides a 2.5% chance (on all weapons fired) to proc
+1000 power drain resist and +10 weapon power

So um ya it makes a massive difference.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2013, 07:01 AM
I've been thinking of trying quad disruptors and regular cannons on my jhec. Because I run eptw1 and aux2bat1 constantly I usually get 179 weapon power near 90% of the time. Also Plasmonic leech and maco shield add another 25ish power for 204 weapon power. Also if I use batteries like aux or weapon and aux that gets it near 300 with the weapon+aux batter if I hit it before aux2bat.

I would've preferred a 5th fore weapon on it for sure since my build could handle a dual beam or 5th dhc. The weapon's proc is per cycle, but Isis doff and like mentioned subvert targeting from tier 4 rom rep is on per hit. I think it would be nice to check if dual cannons are actually worth something with this over capping power build.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Rihannsu
# 17
02-28-2013, 08:19 AM
I have been doing tests on the Khyzon with 4 Dual Cannons + Wing Cannons on my Engineer. I did see the double Proc rate. And with the Wing Cannons it seems to give them that Extra Punch they need to deal damage. Nadion Inversion also helps me control my weapon power. (Although I'm not good at regulating when to Nadion inversion. )

I do agree how ever that they are VERY similar to the way Dual Beam banks work (Since my other build I run on my engi is 4 DBB + Wing Cannons) But I'm starting to see what is being talked about. And I have been able to cut down shields regularly. Granted not with the Power that a Tac + DHCs do it.

I can also see how Dual Cannons can make it hard on Tac team to keep the shields up because of the constant assault pelting them and draining them down.

This makes me want to test them with my Tac and change out his 5 Plasma DHCs for 5 Plasma Dual Cannons with his Tet glider. (Yes he has a cutting beam, but no he doesn't have the DEM doff)
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lieutenant
# 18
02-28-2013, 08:36 AM
[quote=deusemperor;8356011]I've been thinking of trying quad disruptors and regular cannons on my jhec. Because I run eptw1 and aux2bat1 constantly I usually get 179 weapon power near 90% of the time. Also Plasmonic leech and maco shield add another 25ish power for 204 weapon power. Also if I use batteries like aux or weapon and aux that gets it near 300 with the weapon+aux batter if I hit it before aux2bat.

Correct me if im wrong but your power will never go over 125. Although with all the Boffs and batt used here it may not fall below 125. Some clerification here would be nice?
Career Officer
# 19
02-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Happy to

Power can (once again) be overcapped (as you can see by boosting your weapons power with consoles etc. and dropping the slider down to 90 or whatever) - this 'surplus' power is used by weapons during their firing cycles - you'll never get more DPS than 125 power gives you, but if you have that buffer, all subsequent weapons fire after the first shot will suffer less drain penalties.

This is particularly useful for Beam Arrays since they have horrific power drain.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2013, 11:22 AM
What weylandjuarez said. I basically create a huge buffer with weapon power. So my weapon power rarely drops below 125. This allows me to hit very hard almost continuously, because the dhcs and turrets hit at 125 power most of the time. The easiest way for someone to test this is to use an weapon battery and then use cannon rapid fire or beam overload. You'll see from the over capping that the drain doesn't go as far down as it usually would.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!