Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
02-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Did you have a Cutting beam on out of curiosity ?
for what, the 2 piece bonus? its basically redundant in the face of overcaping, it was tested on a 2 AtB vet ship, it had all the weapons power it needed. the problem was the damage is not spike, and will not shatter a facing before someone has time to react. DC damage will be immediately noticed, and TSS with manual distribution will almost always be enough to keep that facing from ever falling, before the whole rest of the guys shields have been shot to nothing. thats the problem with all non DHC damage.

and then someone gives your target ST3, and undoes everything you did.

i am considering something thought, 1 torp, 2 DHC, 1 DC. maybe that would still be enough to kill a facing, and the DC to keep that sliver from blocking the incoming torp. might give that a shot later.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 22
02-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Messed around with 5 Plasma Dual Cannons.. and I guess with out the DEM doff and only the Cutting Beam, it's just not going to be enough to cut through a very tanky target. Where as my 5 DHCs do a better job even with out the Dem Doff.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-28-2013, 05:00 PM
I've found today that 3dhc and quad disruptor cannons is very good. The quads hit as hard as a dhc if not harder with over capping on weapons and more power to engines with aux2bat. The quads would keep a shield facing down allowing the dhcs to hit on hull more often. So for once quads are actually useful only needed aux2bat to make them that way lol.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Career Officer
# 24
02-28-2013, 06:59 PM
http://deepspacealliance.blogspot.co...annons-vs.html

That's for those that may be thinking the proc rate is different. The second test isn't all that interesting as it really just shows autofire. They serve two very different purposes in the game, this is not how they are used in the game, so comparing them is sorta special, just not useful.

If you're in a ship designed to land damage on a hull, you use dc's and dem. If you're in a ship designed to carry DHC's and you can also carry CRF, then you do that.

And anyone that's interested in saying "well things like tet glider are per hit"..yes. we know. here's a cookie.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 25
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
for what, the 2 piece bonus? its basically redundant in the face of overcaping, it was tested on a 2 AtB vet ship, it had all the weapons power it needed. the problem was the damage is not spike, and will not shatter a facing before someone has time to react. DC damage will be immediately noticed, and TSS with manual distribution will almost always be enough to keep that facing from ever falling, before the whole rest of the guys shields have been shot to nothing. thats the problem with all non DHC damage.

and then someone gives your target ST3, and undoes everything you did.

i am considering something thought, 1 torp, 2 DHC, 1 DC. maybe that would still be enough to kill a facing, and the DC to keep that sliver from blocking the incoming torp. might give that a shot later.
I find mixing and matchng simply messes up your timings which reduces dps.

The point of the DC + cutting beam spam... is to multi proc the nadion & +10 weapon power proc.

In my testing there is no amount of overcapping that saves DCs or any other cannons for that matter... if they are somehow now allowing cannons to overcap over +135 its news to me.

Trust me the Cutting beam makes all the difference as the DC will proc it all over the place.

One hit might not be spike... but 8 per volley instead of 4... makes for some insane crit runs. If you choose the right type of weapons the spike basicly makes it self. I have found anything with the polaron proc to work best for that... a mulit proc seems to make for nasty chains of 5-10 crits in a row. They might be 5-6k instead of 10... I find they will rack up 30-50k in dmg in a very short order.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Rihannsu
# 26
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I will admit, with the Plasma DC's I did notice once or twice a stack of 5 Plasma Dots on a target. But the damage of the DC's is still pretty low, even with 5xDCs fireing + Cutting Beam. I haven't added in DEM yet to the build because I don't have the available funds to buy the DEM doff. Also I'd be trying to do this on my Khyzon, and not a ship that can run Aux 2 bat x2 + Dem 2 for example. I'd probably have to run EptW 1 + EptS 1 + Dem 1 at the very best.
Think about this:
Captain
# 27
02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
I will admit, with the Plasma DC's I did notice once or twice a stack of 5 Plasma Dots on a target. But the damage of the DC's is still pretty low, even with 5xDCs fireing + Cutting Beam. I haven't added in DEM yet to the build because I don't have the available funds to buy the DEM doff. Also I'd be trying to do this on my Khyzon, and not a ship that can run Aux 2 bat x2 + Dem 2 for example. I'd probably have to run EptW 1 + EptS 1 + Dem 1 at the very best.
Your also running your engi. (if I'm not mistaken)
I think for the DC to have the tipping point spike wise... you might almost need the tac buffs.
I honestly haven't tested DC out on anything other then tacs. I might have to put one of my sci or engi in a scort to test the theory.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-28-2013, 09:22 PM
i have used single cannons cruisers quite a bit, they basically work like DCs only have less dps and more arc. i also know all about attacking DEM and glider to them, it proboly doubles the effective damage per shot when minmaxed well. but, its not enough on its own. its still so gradual that your own healing can outpace it, and any outside healing can nullify it completely.

so i use these things with DHCs, that will give less hits from DEM and glider, but at that point its just extra damage per shot, wile at its core its the spike from the DHCs that do the main work. its still noticeable, the DEM and glider effect though, its still very worth using. both are very energy dependent, so the more efficient DHC power usage benefits their damage as well. infant, unless you over cap, DC and DHC glider and DEM damage would likely be the same, just from how your energy levels fluctuate more with DCs.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 29
02-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Your also running your engi. (if I'm not mistaken)
I think for the DC to have the tipping point spike wise... you might almost need the tac buffs.
I honestly haven't tested DC out on anything other then tacs. I might have to put one of my sci or engi in a scort to test the theory.
No, this was on my Tactical officer with 5 Plasma DC's..

I'm also going to test out 5 Phased Tetryon DC's + Plasma Flow Capacitor consoles. Just to laugh at the Idea that I'm doing about.. 6 Procs.. (Also noticed the 2 Piece Romulan Set buffs the damage in the tool tip of the plasma proc)
Think about this: