Ensign
# 1 Dreadnought Console Question
02-27-2013, 09:00 PM
So looked at a few places on the specs for this ship one site has it listed as having 3 tactical slots one has it listed as 2. When you buy this ship what does it have? Here its listed as 3 http://www.stowiki.org/Dreadnought_Cruiser but think under the store it says 2
Career Officer
# 2
02-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bion1985 View Post
So looked at a few places on the specs for this ship one site has it listed as having 3 tactical slots one has it listed as 2. When you buy this ship what does it have? Here its listed as 3 http://www.stowiki.org/Dreadnought_Cruiser but think under the store it says 2
Ahh, the Galaxy-X.

It does, indeed, have 3 Tac Console slots. When the ship was first released, it only came with 2 Tac slots but when C-store Universal Consoles launched, Cryptic stripped the Galaxy-X's built-in cloaking device and repackaged it as a Universal Console. To compensate, they added a third Tac console slot.

Right now, the Dreadnaught is obsolete and no matter what build or layout you have in mind, it's still going to underperform. Mainly because of it's awful turn rate but also lack of tactical options.

There are several threads out there already petitioning to buff the Dreadnaught.

Personally, I would hold off and wait to see if/when/what Cryptic has in mind for the Galaxy-X. I believe there is a Fleet Version coming down the road but not sure what the specs/layout will be, besides an additional console slot. So you might want to consider purchasing 4 Fleet Ship Modules for the Fleet Version rather than the C-store version and would save you 500 Zen in the process.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
It has 3. One was added a while ago and store page was not updated...
Captain
# 4
02-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
Right now, the Dreadnaught is obsolete and no matter what build or layout you have in mind, it's still going to underperform. Mainly because of it's awful turn rate but also lack of tactical options.
Oh boo. My ship may be underpowered, but it's a far cry from useless!

But yes it comes with three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Ensign
# 5
02-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Was looking at ships and layouts of boff's now im thinking I may go with Assault Cruiser Refit as it has same console's and better tactical layout (as I am tactical officer) Anyone got any info on that ship it any good
Career Officer
# 6
02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bion1985 View Post
Was looking at ships and layouts of boff's now im thinking I may go with Assault Cruiser Refit as it has same console's and better tactical layout (as I am tactical officer) Anyone got any info on that ship it any good
For PvE, she's not a bad ship. Good layout, comes with a wide-angle Quantum Torp and looks cool as hell, imo. The gas manifold release and detonation feature is more of a gimmick than anything.

If you're thinking PvP and you still want an assault cruiser, I'd suggest the D'kora Marauder. It can't be bought in the C-store but if you got 60-70 million EC's, there's usually a few to be had on the Exchange. With it's layout and battle module for boost to weapon power and turn rate, it's the best tactical cruiser hands down, imo. Plus, it can equip Cannons. I like the design but many may find it fugly.

Last edited by doomicile; 02-27-2013 at 10:01 PM.