Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,705
I would like to suggest possibly adding some new skin patterns. These patterns would be based off of the prints you see on a lot of the big cats out in the wild. I was thinking of Leopard prints, Tiger stripes, and the Cheetah spots. We do already have something close to Cheetah spots for the face, but these are really too small.

There wouldn't have to be any new colors added for these. They could just work with the existing palette.

I would also like to add the possibility of these being on the whole body instead of just on the face. It would look strange for one to just have the pattern on their face.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions feel free to add .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 585
# 2
02-28-2013, 08:01 AM
I am in full support of this idea!
____________________________________
I am retired from STO. By the way, hindsight is 20/20.
Ferasan Shadow Force | Borg Extermination Squad
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
# 3
02-28-2013, 08:03 AM
There could also be patterns of house cats, like tri-coloured, tortoiseshell (which is basically a better looking version of tri-coloured), those curvy stripes you see on some cats etc

And I think it would also be nice (though not very likely) to have two fur lengths. Short (the current) and Fluffy or Long, which would be a long and kinda messy fur.
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,705
# 4
02-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
There could also be patterns of house cats, like tri-coloured, tortoiseshell (which is basically a better looking version of tri-coloured), those curvy stripes you see on some cats etc

And I think it would also be nice (though not very likely) to have two fur lengths. Short (the current) and Fluffy or Long, which would be a long and kinda messy fur.
In terms of long do you mean like a Tiger's fur? Because they have some of the more thicker coats.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891

Last edited by ashkrik23; 02-28-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
# 5
02-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
In terms of long do you mean like a Tiger's fur? Because they have some if the more thicker coats.
Hmm kinda, but I was thinking more street cat look, some of them have long and messy fur...
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,705
# 6
02-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
Hmm kinda, but I was thinking more street cat look, some of them have long and messy fur...
I see. Honestly if Cryptic added this, manes, and Borg cats and Gorn I would be set for life here.
I want to make a Snow Leopard on the Ferasan side .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
# 7
02-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
I see. Honestly if Cryptic added this, manes, and Borg cats and Gorn I would be set for life here.
I want to make a Snow Leopard on the Ferasan side .

Speaking of Gorn, they should have long crocodilian-like tails and a special kit that turns them into Elite Tac Assimilated Gorn with a gatling gun tail!

And why can I not use an eyepatch on Canelow?!
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,705
# 8
02-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post

Speaking of Gorn, they should have long crocodilian-like tails and a special kit that turns them into Elite Tac Assimilated Gorn with a gatling gun tail!

And why can I not use an eyepatch on Canelow?!
Ferasans don't get eye patches because we have the "exclusive" nose ring.
I don't care at all for nose rings. Honestly they just make things look ugly to me.

On the subject of Borg Gorn, the models are in-game already. Just shrink it to normal player size. The Borg Gorn start off with that armor you see on Defera. If you want to put normal clothing just allow an option to remove the scorpion tail and the armor. That would make them look like normal Liberated Borg with just attachments on the head.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
# 9
02-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Ferasans don't get eye patches because we have the "exclusive" nose ring.
I don't care at all for nose rings. Honestly they just make things look ugly to me.

On the subject of Borg Gorn, the models are in-game already. Just shrink it to normal player size. The Borg Gorn start off with that armor you see on Defera. If you want to put normal clothing just allow an option to remove the scorpion tail and the armor. That would make them look like normal Liberated Borg with just attachments on the head.
I remember that the Borg boff you get from KAG had a "Modify" button for some time and there were some assimilated Gorn models but you couldn't use them, just see them in the tailor.

I want the gatling tail, perhaps as part of a special kit or something for Gorn.

And I agree with nose rings, they don't look as good as an eyepatch!
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,705
# 10
02-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
I remember that the Borg boff you get from KAG had a "Modify" button for some time and there were some assimilated Gorn models but you couldn't use them, just see them in the tailor.

I want the gatling tail, perhaps as part of a special kit or something for Gorn.

And I agree with nose rings, they don't look as good as an eyepatch!
The tail could be part of the standard Borg armor look. Unless they wanted to make it a special ability like pounce ETC.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.