Commander
I am not sure but this story seems to imply that it would be a good idea for Activision Blizzard to buy up Perfect World.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/zy...they-do-74266/

The story says they have strong earning and are considering acquisitions.
I am not sure if it really a good idea. If they did, do you think the sub will come back?

Beers,

Jengoz =/
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
I am not sure but this story seems to imply that it would be a good idea for Activision Blizzard to buy up Perfect World.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/zy...they-do-74266/

I am not sure if it really a good idea. If they did, do you think the sub will come back?

Beers,

Jengoz =/
I have yet to read the story but it would be intresting to see how Blizzard would run the show.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I believe the word you're looking for in your title is 'Would' not 'Will.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
PWE makes its mint off of micro-transactions, so of course Activision would move them back to subs. Yeah, not entirely seeing that.
Rihannsu
# 4
02-27-2013, 03:10 PM
I doubt they would buy PW but if they do, no the sub only option wont come back. That model is dying out for MMO's, and as we are already a hybrid game it would allow them to make subtle changes in either direction to suit them.

removing the free to play option which has brought in more money and more players would be a stupid decision on their part.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 5
02-27-2013, 03:11 PM
If Blizzard bought PWE and decided to make every one of their games into subs, then I can see it being the biggest mistake that Blizzard will ever make. Countless people would quit and never play the game again. Although we would have to see the percentage of players that pay less than $15 per month and see the savings that would be achieved for getting rid of most of those people in maintenance costs.
Captain
# 6
02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Why would Blizzard want more MMO's? I'll bet a million dollars they are internally aware it's a doomed format outside of their one cash cow.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 7
02-27-2013, 03:43 PM
If its true, Blizzard should remember the 203rd Rule of Acquisition:
New customers are like razor-toothed gree-worms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.
Captain
# 8
02-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Good god I hope not! PWE might be bad, but they're nothing compared to the true evil overlords!

I will never forgive you for what you did to Sierra and Radical! Never!!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 9
02-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Apparently Blizzard is working on a science fiction MMO called Titan which has absolutely nothing to do with any of its previous work.

Hero's Quest or Quest for Glory 1: So You Want To Be A Hero was my first computer game so Sierra will always have a special place.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-01-2013, 12:00 AM
if we were under blizzard we would be required to pay for every patch, possibly retroactively.

Then they would do things like release a new ship buy only in pieces, you would get the saucer first then a year or so later you could buy the hull then maybe another year later you coulf buy the rest and enjoy it. and each piece would cost $25.

Contacting customer support would cost you $10 a letter and $20 a letter for a response, an actual resolution would cost you a small island.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln