Career Officer
Whether it was because they listened to us, or because they wanted to do it for their own piece of mind, the Devs recently rebooted the Galaxy Class, and presented us with a Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought.

That's all very well, but you'd think they'd have done a complete job on the project, wouldn't you? I swear I remember seeing this mentioned before, though it would appear it's something that has been missed upon the reboot. Couldn't you have taken some time to properly align the spinal lance so that it's central to the rest of this ship?

And the next question, why aren't we able to use the Monarch skin with the Dreadnought?

It's the small things like this that irritate me the most; you go about redoing something, only to still not fix those small problems.

Last edited by flash525; 03-21-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: It's the small things
Career Officer
# 2
03-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Whether it was because they listened to us, or because they wanted to do it for their own piece of mind, the Devs recently rebooted the Galaxy Class, and presented us with a Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought.

That's all very well, but you'd think they'd have done a complete job on the project, wouldn't you? I swear I remember seeing this mentioned before, though it would appear it's something that has been missed upon the reboot. Couldn't you have taken some time to properly align the spinal lance so that it's central to the rest of this ship?

And the next question, why aren't we able to use the Monarch skin with the Dreadnought?
I'll also add that it should not have been launched with a copy-paste verions of the crappy 'misses more-often-than-not' lance from the original Gal-X.

Though myself and numerous other players said this in the pre-launch feedback threads.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-21-2014, 07:14 AM
Taco !!!

I think this is your area buddy

(I really had not noticed it to be honest - it's not exactly game breaking, as it's on the underside and for the most part, you look down on your ship. However, now I've seen it... it will bug me )
Which one will you be?

Captain
# 4
03-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
Taco !!!

(I really had not noticed it to be honest - it's not exactly game breaking, as it's on the underside and for the most part, you look down on your ship. However, now I've seen it... it will bug me )
IIRC, ship exteriors are JamJam's. Taco does environmental and interiors.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
03-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
Taco !!!

Taco is an environment artist, he doesn't do ships. JamJamz is who you need, or another ship artist.

Honestly I've been having so much fun flying the thing I don't even notice the model errors. Barely ever use the main lance either, mostly keep it separated.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 6
03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
They are aware of it and I'm guessing it'll come out with some of the fixes for Season9. During the recent Meet and Greet at Drozana Station with CaptainSmrik, someone asked him about it and he replied with

Quote:
[3:35] [PartyTime] <Dev> Captain Smirk@pwecaptainsmirk: T'Laal the lance being off center is on our radar, so hopefully that will get fixed soon
(My original post on the 'Beef with Galaxy' thread)
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...postcount=6092
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Captain
# 7
03-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Hangar pets are spawned at the aft torpedo launcher, catapult forward through the stardrive section and eject from the deflector dish...
Weapon hardpoints are all over the place, shots fired clip through the hull...
• -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- • -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <- •
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Career Officer
# 8
03-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
They are aware of it and I'm guessing it'll come out with some of the fixes for Season9. During the recent Meet and Greet at Drozana Station with CaptainSmrik, someone asked him about it and he replied with

(My original post on the 'Beef with Galaxy' thread)
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...postcount=6092
It's good that they're aware of it, but the opportune moment to fix it would surely have been with the Galaxy Reboot? What better time is there?
Career Officer
# 9
03-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Quote:
It's the small things like this that irritate me the most; you go about redoing something, only to still not fix those small problems.
Pretty much Cryptic in a nutshell.

How long has it been like this? 3 years? 4? I forget. All I know is that it's been too long for something as small and minor as this to go unnoticed by the developers. And the fact that SOMEONE took the time to make those promotional images for the bundle and NOT NOTICE this blatant error, clear as day...is just absolutely baffling.

It's stuff like this that's really preventing this game from being far better than what it is now. Cryptic does really awesome things for this game, and then just drop the ball so damn hard on many other things that just makes us think, "What were they thinking?" *epic double facepalm*
@HyperLimited
Republic Veteran
# 10
03-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Quote:
It's good that they're aware of it, but the opportune moment to fix it would surely have been with the Galaxy Reboot? What better time is there?
The people who actually make the ships were busy with Undine ship upgrade, being as powers and stuff are a different department.