Career Officer
# 31
03-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.
While I'd like to see that ship in game, it was also FRIGGIN HUGE. It made the Enterprise-D look tiny in comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm betting it will be a breen box. The only space set that has yet to be buffed is the breen space set, and the Jem'hadar space and ground set were both buffed. So I'm willing to bet that it will be a breen box. Probably with the Breen Sarr Theln, which will be like the Jem'Hadar dreadnought.

However, if they did to an Undine set, and if they did include anti-proton weapons, I'm willing to bet that they'd be something like Plasma infused Antiproton weapons.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Captain
# 33
03-01-2013, 12:12 PM
I just realized something. It would be pointless to offer antiproton dual weapons of any kind.

What does AP actually do? Instead of a proc it adds 20% crit severity. What do dual weapons do? Instead of a modifier we get a proc instead. So if we combine the two... all we get is a standard weapon of the other energy type with [CritD] hardcoded into it. Nothing was gained, just flexibility lost. It would not make sense in the least.
Captain
# 34
03-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
I just realized something. It would be pointless to offer antiproton dual weapons of any kind.

What does AP actually do? Instead of a proc it adds 20% crit severity. What do dual weapons do? Instead of a modifier we get a proc instead. So if we combine the two... all we get is a standard weapon of the other energy type with [CritD] hardcoded into it. Nothing was gained, just flexibility lost. It would not make sense in the least.
Phased anti-proton - 20% crit and phaser proc?
Rihannsu
# 35
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
i'd rather have disruptor-infused antiproton; 20% extra crit severity and a chance of -10.5% hull resist
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
03-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't want Undine ships pilotable by players. The same goes for Borg and Iconians. These races are the ultimate bad guys to the Federation and flying their ships would make them less unique.

That said I would love to see a Undine Space Set. There was a thread around here that proposed one with tentacles growing out of the ship hull. I thought it was awesome.
Lieutenant
# 37
03-01-2013, 02:34 PM
8:44] [REDALERT] Chris@crusherwesley: When is the Borg lockbox?

[8:44] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Borg ships - that could be sometime later this year
Captain
# 38
03-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Phased Anti-Proton [xxx][yyy] = Phaser [xxx][yyy][CritD]
Disruptor AP [xxx][yyy] = Disruptor [xxx][yyy][CritD]

Do you see the problem now?
Captain
# 39
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Disruptor AP [xxx][yyy] = Disruptor [xxx][yyy][CritD]

Do you see the problem now?
How about HIAP - High Intensity Anti Proton - 40% Crit Severity?
Rihannsu
# 40
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Phased Anti-Proton [xxx][yyy] =/= Phaser [xxx][yyy][CritD], because the damage types don't match

i see the point you're trying to make though, and that can be fixed by doing something as simple as giving hybrid antiproton weapons an extra 5-10% crit severity
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Closed Thread