Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Commander
# 21
02-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Generally I regard Cryptic's patches in the way one regards a horde of barbarian raiders rampaging through my village: sure, they might make some beneficial changes along the way, but there is a serious probability that they're going to break everything in the process. So far, however, everything in this patch appears to be working as intended, and all the changes listed are fantastic. Take a step back from your reflexive rage, and realize that Cryptic just fixed 3 exploits without harming anybody except for the exploiters. I'm withholding judgment until a day or two have passed and we have time to see if anything new got broken, but from what I've seen so far, today's patch is one of the best I've ever seen.
Career Officer
# 22
02-28-2013, 11:11 AM
I understand why it was done... It was for all those adverts in zone chat to do naked pvp by stripping off your gear and dying real quick to make fleet marks and dilithium just like they were doing with the clickies in the foundry. It's understandable they want to stem the tide of this behavior and its beneficial to the true PvP crowd. PvPers don't want these guys invading PvP now to ruin their game play. I don't have a problem with this... PvP doesn't take long anyways to do it right and the rewards are good for a normal PvP match.
Career Officer
# 23
02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Let me also say I don't agree with stealth patching though...
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
if you can still grab the daily via private matches, this doesn't actually fix the exploit. Instead of AFK'ing for 5 kills they will just AFK for 15 kills, etc.

Also, I'd rather you encourage the people aiming for the daily reward to do their own short private matches for their daily, than to AFK through 15 kills in a public PvP queue and ruining the experience for everyone else on their team.
Career Officer
# 25
02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Or perhaps with recent up-grades to the Game Engine, it became possible to easily rectify the problem... ? ...

Naahh... I don't believe that one either...

I just think it's gotten more publicity and wider abuse now with the nerfing of the foundry and blatant zone chat advertising to exploit the pvp system. I think they were content to fix it with the overhaul of pvp in the future until the latest game changes occured.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
02-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
pvp in the future

Lol good one.
Career Officer
# 27
02-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
Generally I regard Cryptic's patches in the way one regards a horde of barbarian raiders rampaging through my village: sure, they might make some beneficial changes along the way, but there is a serious probability that they're going to break everything in the process. So far, however, everything in this patch appears to be working as intended, and all the changes listed are fantastic. Take a step back from your reflexive rage, and realize that Cryptic just fixed 3 exploits without harming anybody except for the exploiters. I'm withholding judgment until a day or two have passed and we have time to see if anything new got broken, but from what I've seen so far, today's patch is one of the best I've ever seen.
Very funny and somewhat truthful description. It does provide a charming mental image to Stahl, Bort and the rest of the crew
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
There was no exploit and PvP Private matches have counted towards the daily since the Private PvP system has been released. A lot of fleets use the Private Challenge System to practice PvP against each other and have to look forward to no rewards now. We are being forced to go into PvP against JHAS and other elitist fleet combat to get our dilithium.

This is completely unacceptable.
You can still get your rewards as long as you set at least 15 kills for arena and 60 for assault. I guess everyone will switch to arena farming, it won't take really longer.
Career Officer
# 29
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vykorprime View Post
if you can still grab the daily via private matches, this doesn't actually fix the exploit. Instead of AFK'ing for 5 kills they will just AFK for 15 kills, etc.

Also, I'd rather you encourage the people aiming for the daily reward to do their own short private matches for their daily, than to AFK through 15 kills in a public PvP queue and ruining the experience for everyone else on their team.
I agree with you. If someone was using their laptop and their desktop to do five kills on two toons to get their rewards they are not going to do it in a private queue anymore. They are just going to join a public queue and sit there for 15 kills and most likely it will go faster.
Commander
# 30
02-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Hahaha, all the people saying this will "sink the game". Get real. 8k a day is easy to get, exploit or not. This is a *good* change.

Actually, hell... I could probably still level up my alts in this fashion fairly quickly. Just not as quickly. 15 kills in arena goes by quickly if you put your mind to it.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403

Last edited by radkip; 02-28-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Closed Thread