Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
it was an exploit. a straight-up exploit. it's baffling how there are so many replies from players trying to rationalize otherwise.
this "exploit" was created by them, the players used the match system as designed to maximize their rewards for time. Again, if they were concerned with it so much, 1 why put it in, in this fashion, and 2. Why not fix the "exploit" much sooner?

Answer, its costing them money. Plain and simple greed folks. nothing more nothing less

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
be lucky that you guys weren't reprimanded in any way whatsoever.
This makes me laugh. Be lucky they played the game the way they designed it, until it costs them money, now all of a sudden its an "exploit"

Its not an exploit, its a money loss. DIL is money for them, if they can't tightly control it, they loose money, Cryptic has proven, they will do ANYTHING and everything to protect their money stream. its in the metrics after all.

Again, Like the IOR, Cryptic designed the system, put it in, then put rewards on it that can be maximized for time. Now that its costing them money, they will remove it, as an "exploit"

For the record, this has been "exploited" by many as far back as the days of Marks.

Stop blaming the players cryptic, its you, you made it, you put it in. Why is it suddenly the players "exploiting?"

Because you're losing money.

I find it odd that the last 2 exploit fixes involve your money stream. Interesting that.

For the record, I don't PvP in cryptic games, they're way to unbalanced for that.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Empire Veteran
# 32
02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
this was clearly a fleet mark and dil grinding exploit. anyone complaining about it needs to feel bad.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 33 PVP confusion
02-28-2013, 11:55 AM
"PvP Queue updates:
Private PVP Challenge matches that use settings below the default settings will no longer count towards PVP daily mission objectives.
The Challenge UI has been updated to display a warning to this effect when players use settings below the defaults"

why?
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Career Officer
# 34
02-28-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't think I'll ever understand why people want to see things changed that have absolutely no impact on their own gameplay experience.

The fact that players were using the private match system to generate dilithium only shows that these players don't have fun with the currently implemented regular ways of earning dilithium. So instead of only restricting their dilithium income (which is capped by the refinement limit anway, so what does it matter how they earn the ore?) Cryptic could have attempted to make the game better and offer fun ways of earning dilithium. But Cryptic decided to go for the easy way and try to push these players back into the cryptic-approved grinding business.

Add more ways to earn dilithium while waiting for pvp! This is something that I have missed ever since the open fleet action instances were removed. I enjoyed doing my daily fleet action while waiting for pvp. Often I would have to do the fleet action multiple times because I would get a queue pop before it completed, but it was a nice way to earn some currency while waiting. In most cases playing only PVP will not generate 8k a day, not even on one character unless one can actually spend the entire day playing the game. DStahl's "play whatever you want and be rewarded for it" when dilithium was introduced was just the usual talk with little substance.
http://hilbertguide.com
Ensign
# 35
02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
this was clearly a fleet mark and dil grinding exploit. anyone complaining about it needs to feel bad.
not really. i used it to grind my toons to lvl 50. wasent it dstalh that said great news, players are getting the dil cap? well why do you think? lol

i

ok got my rant over

Last edited by doffing2; 02-28-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Captain
# 36
02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
C'mon, this is like the best thread ever. It's better than Superior Shield Repair, better than TBR, better than Elite Fleet Shields... this thread is pure win. I've got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard as some of the people trying to defend what was an obvious exploit of Dil and Fleet Marks...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Ensign
# 37
02-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
C'mon, this is like the best thread ever. It's better than Superior Shield Repair, better than TBR, better than Elite Fleet Shields... this thread is pure win. I've got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard as some of the people trying to defend what was an obvious exploit of Dil and Fleet Marks...
well most people figured out about 5 kills in private que. guess what? they will be going back to being afk in pvp matches
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
02-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
"PvP Queue updates:
Private PVP Challenge matches that use settings below the default settings will no longer count towards PVP daily mission objectives.
The Challenge UI has been updated to display a warning to this effect when players use settings below the defaults"

why?
Because people figured out they could earn dil for their fleet / omega / romulan equipment quick doing it and that's "Not working as intended", therefore they must stop the flow of easily obtained dilithium so that you must work 3 to 5 hours for your dilithium fix (unless you have an elite squad of ships for 5 to 10 minute STF's, in which case you just have to wait for cooldowns...)
Commander
# 39
02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
this "exploit" was created by them, the players used the match system as designed to maximize their rewards for time. Again, if they were concerned with it so much, 1 why put it in, in this fashion, and 2. Why not fix the "exploit" much sooner?
Because it didn't reach mainstream until a few weeks ago. It was compounded even worse by the flood of people into PvP trying to get their fleet marks. They looked up the method, then thought "hey, I can get dilithium this way too!"

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 40
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
rubbish.. this is just some plan to force us to buy dilithium for the useless starbase projects.
*ding*
*ding*
*ding*
*ding*

We have a winner.
Closed Thread