Commander
A starbase of any faction would make an exellent boss fight. It would be larger than life and could have multiple targetable objectives; hangers, torpedo platforms, etx. The starbase could attack in phases, ex: phase 1- the base would defend itself with it's hangars, phase 2- while the hangars are ebing repairs the starbase would rely on its platforms to defent itself.
It could be an epic battle if scripted right. Also, as far as equiping a fleet starbase for combat, why not give us a paper doll like a ship?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I for one would love to see this happen. I think what would be interesting to see is if the Devs made a new Fleet marks missions to pit public groups into a battle against a random fleet's starbase. For this to work, it would also be interesting for the starbase to employ random defensive measures depending on what that fleet decides to install onto the starbase (have the players in that fleet build different shields, weapons, hangars, etc).

It would not only be an interesting new PvE pug game, but also a new thing for a fleet to rally up and work for. Incentive for the fleets to build up a good starbase defense would be some sort of rewards system depending on how many Pugs they manage to win.
Commander
# 3 o.o
03-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Well, I was also thinking that say there's a Tholian event, how cool would it be to have to battle a Tholian starbase for a boss!
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Imagine fighting a giant Borg station. Major support .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 5
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
What they should do is have a Starbase Assault...that pits you against the opposing faction's Starbase Defense event, if there are people running it. THAT would make things interesting.
Commander
# 6 o.o
03-07-2013, 11:00 PM
In regards to fleet starbases, they could be ran just like a ship. They would have boff and equipment slots/hangars/ consoles. They would be automated of course.