Captain
# 11
02-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
After some preliminary testing, it looks like the OP is only correct if you also have a +Stealth deflector equipped (Romulan or Reman, e.g.). Even with 99 in Starship Stealth and 100 Aux, the values on MES 1 don't quite match up with a standard Cloaking Device.

So, it at least requires a Boff Slot + Deflector + Bridge Officer to achieve the same thing that a ship with Cloak gets for "free". Also bear in mind that a ship with Cloak can make their Stealth ratings higher using similar means (equipment, skills and aux).

So yes, for now it's possible. But it's not quite as easy as it sounds... you still have to use a particular load-out to make use of it.
Yeah, put that way it's not so bad. You have to run a pretty specialized build to manage it, basically. Better to just run a Defiant and shadow friendlies in that instead
Captain
# 12
02-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
After some preliminary testing, it looks like the OP is only correct if you also have a +Stealth deflector equipped (Romulan or Reman, e.g.). Even with 99 in Starship Stealth and 100 Aux, the values on MES 1 don't quite match up with a standard Cloaking Device.

So, it at least requires a Boff Slot + Deflector + Bridge Officer to achieve the same thing that a ship with Cloak gets for "free". Also bear in mind that a ship with Cloak can make their Stealth ratings higher using similar means (equipment, skills and aux).

So yes, for now it's possible. But it's not quite as easy as it sounds... you still have to use a particular load-out to make use of it.
Sneaky Fleet Research Science Vessel

Science Captain

Traits - Accurate, Elusive, Astrophysicist, Warp Theorist

Passives
New Rom - Precision, Sensor Targeting Assault, and the Active - Quantum Singularity Manipulation
Omega - Omega Weapon Training, Superior Shield Repair

TT1, THY2
EPtS1, RSP1, EWP1
TB1, HE2, VM1, PSW3
PH1, TSS2
MES1

Rom Tac BOFF, Hum Eng BOFF, 3x Rom Sneaky Sci BOFF

DOFFs - DCE(AtS), MAS(EWP), 3x PHO(SHOCK!)

Weapons
Fore - Experimental Beam Array, Omega Torp, Plasma Torp
Aft - Cutting Beam, Hyper-Plasma Torp, Plasma Torp

Deflector - VR Reman Mk XII
Engine - AMACO Mk XII
Shield - AMACO Mk XII

Devices - SFM, Aux Batt, Eng Batt

Consoles
Tac - 2x Ambiplassma Mk XII
Eng - Borg, 0Point, Tachyo, Neut Mk XII
Sci - Nadeon, Rom Stealth [HuH], Rom Stealth [ShH], Rom Stealth [Pla]

Dan said the Research is his least favorite ship... somebody should recommend the Sneaky Research to him, am I right?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 13
02-28-2013, 10:54 PM
I wonder if this is the same thing that I've been seeing people doing in space pvp where it appears when they get low on hull health they keep cloaking and uncloaking with ships like the breen ship and the new andorian ship. I figured some people had found a way to abuse the tier 5 romulan singularity cloaking option but it seems like they are using it without a cool down.
Captain
# 14
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I wonder if this is the same thing that I've been seeing people doing in space pvp where it appears when they get low on hull health they keep cloaking and uncloaking with ships like the breen ship and the new andorian ship. I figured some people had found a way to abuse the tier 5 romulan singularity cloaking option but it seems like they are using it without a cool down.
You cannot MES in combat. However I could imagine pairing the romulan boffs, with that console from rhode insland..that would pretty much be a battle cloak for every ship.
Empire Veteran
# 15
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Actually these people are probably having a placate proc of some kind. Either Sensor Targeting Assault when they crit-hit someone, or the KHG/Adapted MACO shield which can placate someone when they are hit.

Or they were just using a normal placate ability, like Jam Sensors, or possibly even using the tier 5 Rom Rep power to cloak for 3 seconds as well.

If they were at low life was probably just coincidence more than anything.

Captain
# 16
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
You cannot MES in combat. However I could imagine pairing the romulan boffs, with that console from rhode insland..that would pretty much be a battle cloak for every ship.
LOL not a bad idea... Rhode island console and a MES 1 on my fleet Sci ship... I like that idea.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Empire Veteran
# 17
02-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:

I admit, having read that and the other posts, I'm worried about a nerf as well. In my case I'm looking at my Almost-D'deridex Fleet Ambassador build and have a BOFF with MES 1 to give it a 'cloak', and I REALLY want this combo to be even semi-effective.

Please don't nerf this? I REALLY wanna do this Borticus. It'd be especially bad if you didn't say anything about this, because that'd make it...

A stealth nerf.

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week!

(P.S. In all seriousness though, please don't nerf this)

Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:

No I have 0 in stealth skill and I use an assimilated deflector (and I run 47 aux power).
That bridge officer gives me a +10% to stealth rating so it makes my normal cloak almost perfect vs sci ships and MES 1 a little better than normal cloak without boff.
Now add a second officer or use a purple one (assuming it gives +20%) and tadaaaa MES 1 is a perfect cloak.

I think you know how powerful a 10% stealth rating variation is.

Last edited by this1isavailable; 03-01-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Commander
# 19
03-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by this1isavailable View Post
No I have 0 in stealth skill and I use an assimilated deflector (and I run 47 aux power).
That bridge officer gives me a +10% to stealth rating so it makes my normal cloak almost perfect vs sci ships and MES 1 a little better than normal cloak without boff.
Now add a second officer or use a purple one (assuming it gives +20%) and tadaaaa MES 1 is a perfect cloak.
I think you know how powerful a 10% stealth rating variation is.
In practice it is a federation battlecloak and i noticed some andorian ships using it.
It is quite efficient i must admit.I still don't understand how they do can that actually.

Does anybody have any idea what they use and in what order ?
(MES+jam or jam+mes+???)
Audiater et altera pars
"They gave away your leech, the only 5 tac console ship you have has a turn rate of 5, all of the Romulan ships have battle cloak and dont suffer the hull strength reduction of the BOPs."
Career Officer
# 20
03-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Whats mes-1