Ensign
# 1 Starfleet Ground Pounders
03-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Just wondering if there was any interest in a "Marine" type unit that didn't command or even operate in space, other than to get from one planet to the next. Seems KDF would be better cut-out for this, but the Feds would need something like it as well.

Just a thought. Maybe even create a drop-ship transport carrier?
Career Officer
# 2
03-08-2013, 02:06 AM
In DS9 episodes "Seige of AR-558" and "Nor the Battle to the Strong", we were introduced to Starfleets Ground Units. Which were the inspriation for the MACOs. But in Star Trek, they were the successors of the MACOs.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Technicaly every person we see beam down to a planet is a marine.

Personaly I would love to see more specialized units around, It would be silly to think starfleet doesent provide advanced ground combat training to at least afew of its personnel.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 4 o.o
03-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Check my thread on new ideas for sets. Your concept of a marine could be accomplished through items.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=578651
Ensign
# 5
03-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Starfleet use to have marines. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Fi...ran_marine.jpg I kinda whis thay would reintroduce them. Don't get me wrong M.A.C.O.s are cool and all but Marines are so much more.
Captain
# 6
03-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Technicaly every person we see beam down to a planet is a marine.

Personaly I would love to see more specialized units around, It would be silly to think starfleet doesent provide advanced ground combat training to at least afew of its personnel.
Like Elite Force ??
Captain
# 7
03-08-2013, 06:58 AM
But when you start thinking about it you have need for separate factions like when you start to play STO and start a FED you choose Star fleet Marines of Star fleet Space .
O that would an significant rebuild they never would do this...