Empire Veteran
# 1 Jem'Hadar dreadnought build
02-25-2013, 09:27 AM
What kind of build should I use on my Jem Dread?
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Surprised no one commented on this yet.

Been using it, and until recently when I was doing a cruiser build that was a lot of fun, the monster was pretty devastating. I was using something similar to this, although this is all off the top of my head so please forgive anything that doesn't make sense.

Front: 3xPhased Disruptor DHC, 1xHyper Rom Torp
Aft: Phased Disruptor Turret
Deflector: Rom Embassy MK XII that gives a big bonus to hull and shields
Engine: Adapted Maco MK XII
Shield: Adapted Maco MK XII
Eng Slots: Neutronium, Dreadnaught console, Tach Console, Borg Console
Sci Slots: Field Gennie, Zero Point
Tac Slots: Disruptor Damage x4

Hangar: Elite Scorpions

Boff Abilities (From the top to the bottom): Sci Team, Haz Emit, Tac Team, CSV x2, ATP:O, THYx2, EPTSx2, RSP, Polarize Hull
DOFF Stuff: Torp cooldown x3, Borg Damage dude, and the hangar cooldown.

It could be optimized but I was having a lot of fun with this. It takes getting used to in order to maneuver into firing position, but once there EVERYTHING dies. This is a stand off boat not something you ever want close cause maneuverability is not this thing's strong suit. But standing off to about 4-6k, cutting engines, or reversing at the right times, everything in front of you explodes. There is nothing in the world funnier than the CSV taking the shields out of everything in front of you and seeing a litteral sea of plasma and heavy plasma torps heading towards the bad guy (Cause your 12 Scorpions will fire off heavy plasmas also). WHen one dies the rest of the torps go to the next guy. The boat for me sits on just over 60k hull, and something like 16k shields. So nothing comes close to hurting me, nothing can hold it, and by the time anything comes close to denting the shields I have it healed. Never died in an elite to date, and I have rarely taken a hull hit beyond plasma damage.

Anyway this is for PVE, so I hope that it helps you build something fun for yourself.
Rihannsu
# 3
03-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhpawn View Post
3xPhased Disruptor DHC
phased disruptor? i don't recall any phased disruptor weapons in the game

i know there's phased tetryon, and phased polaron, but i've never seen phased disruptor
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
phased disruptor? i don't recall any phased disruptor weapons in the game

i know there's phased tetryon, and phased polaron, but i've never seen phased disruptor
there is a polarized disruptor, which might be what he was thinking of when he posted it, but thought of phased polaron (being a jem hadar ship) as well and mixed the two.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Republic Veteran
# 5
03-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Yea the polarized disruptor. Like I said it was off the top of my head while in a hospital. I could have used just about anything but the debuff from the disruptor when it goes off helps the rest of the team in an STF, but also yourself, and your elite scorpions. Just about any flavour of energy can work provided you like it.
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-03-2013, 01:14 PM
If you want to go for polarons. the dominion polarons are pretty good for being free from boldly they road, the full mk XII jem set buffs polarons by like 14%, which is a nice boost, especially if you got full polaron damage boosting consoles in your tac slots.

only downside with polaron or phased polarons is that the jem set isnt quiet as strong as some of the others shield stat wise. so if you dont mind losing the 3 peice bonus, you can swap out the shields for something better.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.