Rihannsu
Let me preface this by apologizing for any typos, as I am composing this on my smartphone.

I have been thinking about how the Foundry Challenge missions are promoted. The coverage on the site is excellent, but in game it is minimal. One study says 70% of players don't even visit the forums... so we are missing a lot of potential impressions.

Do folks here think it is feasible for future contests to add a tab - like we have for the spotlight missions - for the Foundry Challenge entries? From an outsider's perspective this seems like a pretty low impact solution that would generate more community buzz and voting. Moreover if it proves popular it could be made permanent - a Foundry counterpart to the story arcs in the Episodes tab.

Any thoughts on this? Bran/devs, is this a total pipe dream?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-01-2013, 08:02 AM
The problem would be that the entire voting mechanic would need to be moved in game. I can't imagine this would be a small task. There's also the fact that when Cryptic isolates and promotes missions like this, they want to be sure they aren't promoting something they shouldn't. This means that the entries would need to be vetted ahead of time and would more or less be subject to the same kind of restrictions spotlight missions would be.

I'm not saying this shouldn't or won't ever happen, only that there are a number of technical and logistical issues getting in the way.

@greendragoon
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2013, 08:32 AM
They are currently not vetted? I can submit a 1 minute click mission to a foundry challenge?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Exactly, because they are currently posted on the forums by players. Other than referring to the contest as a whole, Cryptic isn't promoting any specific mission. If they actively pulled missions in game and put them in a separate tab, that would be the equivalent to promoting those missions to the general community.

@greendragoon