Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 233
# 1 Fleet NX-01
03-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Since this game is completely over-the-top and its ceased to be "Star Trek" at this point. I was wondering if we could get Fleet Versions of the Miranda/NX/Oberth Classes. I would really like to have a T5 NX because I love how it blurs the lines between a Cruiser and Escort in the game.

The Miranda could easily still be around since it was around during the Dominion War and was used extensively. The Oberth Class T5 could come with a unique "Phase Cloak" console that would allow for 0% Cloak detection when activated.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 2
03-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
I would really like to have a T5 NX because I love how it blurs the lines between a Cruiser and Escort in the game.
Get an Armitage, put on the Akira skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
The Miranda could easily still be around since it was around during the Dominion War and was used extensively.
And died when a Dominion ship so much as looked at them. They're the space equivalent of Red Shirts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 227
# 3
03-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Mirandas were cannon fodder in just about any appearance in TNG/DS9.

I wish they would take the "Fleet" versions of these ships and at least give them an updated appearance. I could see the "designs" of the older ships being used given that you can basically recreate the design of the hull and use up to date/modern hull materials, power systems, and weapons, etc. but to have the old ship skins running around at T5-Fleet level just seems a bit over the top. What they did with the Galaxy and Nebula in terms of the new design skins, they should do for the other "old" ships to make it seem more viable.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
# 4
03-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post

And died when a Dominion ship so much as looked at them. They're the space equivalent of Red Shirts.
So were the Jem Hadar fighters. Look at them in game.

Your logic is fine. This game, however, is not logical.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 5
03-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
So were the Jem Hadar fighters. Look at them in game.

Your logic is fine. This game, however, is not logical.
Going to point out that Jemmy ships did respectably well in terms of onscreen kills to losses ratios. Mirandas...not so much.

But I accept your premise nonetheless.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,535
# 6
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
So were the Jem Hadar fighters. Look at them in game.

Your logic is fine. This game, however, is not logical.
And to be fair, Jem'hader Attack Ships also tended to kill themselves by ramming into ships.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 7
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Get an Armitage, put on the Akira skin.

That's like telling those who wanted an Ambassador to buy a Galaxy class. Sure, general shape is similar, but they are different ships. And those of us who love the NX can't accept simply flying an Akira. The differences go beyond simply flipping it.
*******************************************

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 8
03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
That's like telling those who wanted an Ambassador to buy a Galaxy class.
Yes. It is. Ambassador, like the Excelsior, should never have been a T5 ship. And neither should the NX class.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 9
03-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I agree with you on the NX. She's an old, small ship, even though technically she's a reconstruction. But I do love flying around in the old girl.


If everything is boosted to tier 5, then there's no point in having different ships.
*******************************************

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'

Last edited by grylak; 03-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,637
# 10
03-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Since this game is completely over-the-top and its ceased to be "Star Trek" at this point. I was wondering if we could get Fleet Versions of the Miranda/NX/Oberth Classes. I would really like to have a T5 NX because I love how it blurs the lines between a Cruiser and Escort in the game.
CBS isn't allowing the Constitution-class to get up-tiered, the NX class has a snowball's chance in hell.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 AM.