Starfleet Veteran
# 1 PVP Tournament BY T.F.S
03-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I have seen a very healthy pvp community go south over the pass year and it hurts me to see what i love to play most, falling apart. So, I decided to take matters in to my own hands.

This tournament is cancel new one is http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post8665121

I cancel it because 35% of pvper act more like spoil little princess . Dont believe me read the pvp forum. what happen to true pvper who knew how to enjoy the game. so i change the tournament cause i know the elite so call pvper will never do capture and hold cause it requires thinking. Let have fun that why we play this game.

Last edited by hydrodura; 03-20-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Sounds refreshing!

Please keep us updated
Career Officer
# 3
03-01-2013, 10:37 AM
The rules seem obtuse, but the amount of EC potentially up for grabs is tempting.

Banning P2W consoles is perfectly fine, but the limit of one ship of each type is misguided. The main reason to limit ships is accomplished in banning the consoles anyway. What remains is an annoyance, people having to get into similar but different ships just for one tournament, not to mention a giant headache if someone can't show at the last minute and a sub is needed who then needs to buy the right ship and spec into it.
Captain
# 4
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, esp. given some ships have 'built ins' that can't be disabled by removing a console...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 5
03-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Pandas will most likely do this tournament....
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 6
03-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Question. Does that mean the borg console and zero point consoles are banned too?
Career Officer
# 7
03-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
Question. Does that mean the borg console and zero point consoles are banned too?
I assume so.

What's to stop us rolling up in a Wells, Oddy, Cat Box, Vesta,Weaver combo, tric mining and cross healing the **** out of each other until the opposing side gives up?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2013, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I assume so.

What's to stop us rolling up in a Wells, Oddy, Cat Box, Vesta,Weaver combo, tric mining and cross healing the **** out of each other until the opposing side gives up?
marion stops you. i stop you. o/

see you on the battlefield. bring your rom boffs.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Send me a in game email at duramaster.@lightspeeds title email pvp fleet name how many teams and the contact person i will keep in touch with. I will compile the fleet names and teams. Please let keep the bickering to a minimum. Lets do this for the love of pvp watching someone go boom!!
Captain
# 10
03-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
The rules seem obtuse, but the amount of EC potentially up for grabs is tempting.

Banning P2W consoles is perfectly fine, but the limit of one ship of each type is misguided. The main reason to limit ships is accomplished in banning the consoles anyway. What remains is an annoyance, people having to get into similar but different ships just for one tournament, not to mention a giant headache if someone can't show at the last minute and a sub is needed who then needs to buy the right ship and spec into it.
Idc for the p2w noob consoles id say ban all OP ones, but limiting ships is so 2012. Its a f2p game now, accept it. p2w ships allowed, cstore ships allowed, and having multiple copies of the same ship in a premade doesnt necessarily mean better.

For the rest, Nice to see another tournament again Pandas are all in

Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
IMO it shouldnt be, sure if someone doesnt bother with the reputation system, bad luck. Thats a disadvantage to you. But the Zero point console is really not that hard to obtain, its only Tier 2 i believe and with a few times of dailies and patrols u have it in no time. (or epoh tagging for the RP'ers)

Limit the stuff too much, and nobody will attend. Also, who's gonna check whether you got MK XII Borg gear or MK X? Or Tet glider stuff? its all reputation now, ppl that didnt have it will HAVE to put the repu all the way up to tier 4/5 for some decent gear anyway.

Last edited by darkfader1988; 03-02-2013 at 11:26 AM.