Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
The Technicians that boost aux when you are cloaked, do they stack? I know you can equip three of course, but their actual effects don't seem to be stacking.

Now, if for balance's sake they aren't meant to be stacked, that's ok to me, but if that's the case, why make them Technicians then?

If they are meant to be stacked, alright as well, then they are bugged if that is the case.

Btw, my tests have been on my Fleet Ambassador using MES and having multiples of the same DOFF equipped (Paulopo or something like that, a Paradan DOFF I believe). I haven't tested these with a normal cloak, a Battle Cloak, or EBC.

I also haven't tested different levels of these either. Like Paulopo and the Romulan Tech. you get from the DS9 bundle. Probably will try that one out tomorrow.

Rihannsu
# 2
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
does MES even count as a cloak for those doff's effects? i wouldn't think it would
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Klingons use bathtubs as a severe form punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
"You sniveling petaQ!!! If you are late for your shift one more time, you will spend two hours in the bathtub!!."

"WITH SOAP!!"
Career Officer
# 3
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
does MES even count as a cloak for those doff's effects? i wouldn't think it would
It counts "cloaking effects" as Cloak, MES, and Phase Shift on Kar'Fi's according to the tool tip.
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Yes, it does indeed work with MES. Using a Technician with MES has given me the 25 aux power while it's running.

But only one Technician seems to be working at a time. I'll test out the different rarities of DOFFs later to see if that works.

Empire Veteran
# 5
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Ok, so I did test out two different levels of Technicians today as I said.

And they do stack. I used a +15, and a +25 to aux Technician, and when I used MES, they did stack to +40 aux.

So I'm still wondering if they are bugged by not stacking the same ones, or if it is supposed to be like this.

Captain
# 6
03-03-2013, 08:25 PM
I do believe this is supposed to be a bug. +75 power is almost all I need to cap out aux after passive bonuses.

As this ability also allows you to Aux2batt then decloak, it gives you the chance to dump all that power into the other subsystems for alphastriking goodness before it fades away.

But don't count on them fixing it, the cloak buff only benefits KDF unless the Devs really love their Defiant that much...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 7
03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I thought there were other tech doffs so you can mix and match?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I do believe this is supposed to be a bug. +75 power is almost all I need to cap out aux after passive bonuses.

As this ability also allows you to Aux2batt then decloak, it gives you the chance to dump all that power into the other subsystems for alphastriking goodness before it fades away.

But don't count on them fixing it, the cloak buff only benefits KDF unless the Devs really love their Defiant that much...
I am a bit confused, so mind clarifying for me? Do you think that this is known, and is being purposefully left in, or it was intentionally designed to not stack in the first place? Or something else?

Regardless, while I see the situation you are getting at by using an A2B to super-charge all your other power levels before de-cloaking, you'd still have to use a Lt. Engineer slot to do so.

On top of that, you'd be using up to 3 DOFF slots alone, not to mention not being able to use other Technicians, or only 1 or 2, which means you'd give up some of the aux-boosters. Not to mention the Aux-booster DOFFs on the KDF are EXPENSIVE; I've never seen them below 10 million EC.

Honestly, I still really don't see the major issue. I think that the very specific build and major lack of large numbers of these DOFFs doesn't really feel like a major issue to me. I'm not saying it isn't potent, just that it needs a lot of work to make it happen.

I dunno, with all the tests I've been doing, even with just MES and using Romulan BOFFs, which anybody can equip, could have a very potent almost-a-cloak regardless. But again, it takes a lot of work to make it happen, and even then, MES is still only a defensive bonus, not offensive.

If they have for any reason left this in on purpose, worried about what you are describing, ok then, but then my question is: Why give each DOFF so much of a power boost if they aren't meant to be stacked? And on top of that, why make them a DOFF that can be stacked, unless it was purely to prevent what Khayuung was describing? That to me sounds like the only reasonable explanation, but that still leads back to them giving each DOFF such a large boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I thought there were other tech doffs so you can mix and match?
There are two, so far as I know. For Fed and KDF there's a unique purple (Paradan for Fed, Ferasan for KDF) that gives the +25 aux when cloaked, and for both if you have both the DS9 bundle, there is a rare Romulan DOFF that gives +15 aux when cloaked.

If there are others, I don't know about em.

Rihannsu
# 9
03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Not to mention the Aux-booster DOFFs on the KDF are EXPENSIVE; I've never seen them below 10 million EC.
EVERY doff on the KDF side is more expensive; even the worthless common science and medical doffs are are worth more than their federation counterparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Klingons use bathtubs as a severe form punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
"You sniveling petaQ!!! If you are late for your shift one more time, you will spend two hours in the bathtub!!."

"WITH SOAP!!"
Captain
# 10
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:
EVERY doff on the KDF side is more expensive; even the worthless common science and medical doffs are are worth more than their federation counterparts
Luckily, we can use common Federation doffs for our Starbases, so that's no big deal. Slave labour, I expect.