Career Officer
# 41
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
we're hear for this is true trek JJ Wreck was an atytempt at reboot that isn't working well. What it's well known is JJ Wreck 1 failed outside the US
I wish I could respond to you but your post is so incoherent and rife with spelling errors I have no clear idea of what you actually said.

Please enjoy the music instead.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 42
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
But it should have done better but it didn't. once again what is still selling. TRUE trek. STO is true Trek storyline wise.
Captain
# 43
03-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Oddly, if it was possible, I could see the JJprise fitting into sto, same as the Narada via the tholians doing their time/dimension displacement antics..Personally I would not want them as they'd likely be lockbox ships and more so as they cater to the near mindless 'pew pew' mentality that dominates the game as it is but I could see them maybe appearing as testbed replicas created from the brief scans the kdf and feds took before another alternate universe JJprise was destroyed (as was the Narada)

..and yes, I'd go JJprise feds, Narada kdf...as they deserve it :p
Captain
# 44
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I wish I could respond to you but your post is so incoherent and rife with spelling errors I have no clear idea of what you actually said.

Please enjoy the music instead.
Kremin Timeship.
Empire Veteran
# 45
03-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
But it should have done better but it didn't. once again what is still selling. TRUE trek. STO is true Trek storyline wise.
"should have done better"? By who's standards? Yours?

All attempts to say otherwise, any film that makes back it's budget is a success. Anything more than that, and you go up the scale, all the way up to overwhelming success. Maybe JJ Trek wasn't an overwhelming success, but who really cares? It did well with critics, drew a lot of fans who otherwise never had an interest in ST (which is a good thing), and earned back more than double it's budget, even if it didn't hit triple.

I call that good enough, and I really don't see how others can say otherwise. And yes STO is selling relatively well, but that doesn't automatically make it the only 'good' ST out there.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Lieutenant
# 46
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Oddly, if it was possible, I could see the JJprise fitting into sto, same as the Narada via the tholians doing their time/dimension displacement antics..Personally I would not want them as they'd likely be lockbox ships and more so as they cater to the near mindless 'pew pew' mentality that dominates the game as it is but I could see them maybe appearing as testbed replicas created from the brief scans the kdf and feds took before another alternate universe JJprise was destroyed (as was the Narada)

..and yes, I'd go JJprise feds, Narada kdf...as they deserve it :p
No. You want to give the KDF THAT ship? Isn't the Narada, oh I don't know, a little TOO big to be put into STO?
"The Easiest Day, was Yesterday"
Captain
# 47
03-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
"should have done better"? By who's standards? Yours?

All attempts to say otherwise, any film that makes back it's budget is a success. Anything more than that, and you go up the scale, all the way up to overwhelming success. Maybe JJ Trek wasn't an overwhelming success, but who really cares? It did well with critics, drew a lot of fans who otherwise never had an interest in ST (which is a good thing), and earned back more than double it's budget, even if it didn't hit triple.

I call that good enough, and I really don't see how others can say otherwise. And yes STO is selling relatively well, but that doesn't automatically make it the only 'good' ST out there.
e bulk of the fans don't like JJ Wreck, that is a fact. while they went to see it in theaters they didn't by the DVD and are wary of Into Darkness. While JJ might not have lost money with JJ Wreck it still could have been better. THIS IS STAR TREK WE"RE TALKING ABOUT.
Empire Veteran
# 48
03-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
e bulk of the fans don't like JJ Wreck, that is a fact. while they went to see it in theaters they didn't by the DVD and are wary of Into Darkness. While JJ might not have lost money with JJ Wreck it still could have been better. THIS IS STAR TREK WE"RE TALKING ABOUT.
JJ Trek ISN'T the original Star Trek though: it is an alternate reality, with new rules and ways to do, just with familiar names and characters. That means it's not subject to anything the original was about, which is the point.

And how does 'new fans (half) loved it, while it's mixed between older fans (ie some like it, others don't)' constitute a 'bulk'? A quarter to a third don't like it, I understand that, but the majority? I don't think so

I think you're just looking for scapegoats to hate the film imo.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 49
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
If size matters...

Since the Odyssey Cruiser is supposed to be about 850 to 1100 meters according to the carrier ship chart in one of the Stickys and (according to Memory Alpha) the JJ Constitution is about 725.35 meters in length...

...I'm SURE that everyone would love seeing a Constitution-class ship in STO that is almost the size of the Odyssey-class. It would really put the proper perspective on things...

Republic Veteran
# 50
03-01-2013, 03:53 PM
I watched the original series growing up (and loved the cartoons as a kid) and the newer series (TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise) later on. They were good. None of this prevented me from enjoying the most recent movie. It was done well.