Career Officer
# 1 Dom Jot
02-11-2013, 01:49 AM
While working in the Foundry, I came up with a possible idea to get Dom-Jot into STO.

Instead of making it a minigame, given we have artificial objects that move when touched by the player (like Tribbles and Balloons), why not make a terrik (Dom-Jot ball) that has weight and you hit it with the stick (stick is equipped and you use an attack function) and the attack moves the ball into the bumpers. The more lit bumpers it hits, the more points you score. But you hit unlit bumpers, you lose your turn.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 2
02-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Sounds a bit like star trek pinball.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
02-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Debris objects (Tribbles/Balloons) are rendered on the client side (on your machine) and are not synced up between players. Hence, your machine may decide that you've scored a point, and my machine said you didn't. Doesn't make for a great game.

I would love it if we could create special debris objects that could be synced up for use like this.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 4
02-11-2013, 11:15 AM
I would still like to see a dom-jot mini game. Something like pool online (http://www.miniclip.com/games/8-ball...ultiplayer/en/).
Career Officer
# 5
02-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Debris objects (Tribbles/Balloons) are rendered on the client side (on your machine) and are not synced up between players. Hence, your machine may decide that you've scored a point, and my machine said you didn't. Doesn't make for a great game.

I would love it if we could create special debris objects that could be synced up for use like this.
You have my support... Give it a shot... I will be waiting.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Eh I'd love domjot in this game so if I play my nausicaan that I can stab a fed with a nausicaan sword if we don't like the out come of the game
Career Officer
# 7
02-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Dom Jot is part pinball and part billards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post

If you could pull it off, then it would open up tons of opportunity, not only for STO but other Cryptic games as well.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 8
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Dom Jot is part pinball and part billards.

Dom-jot can actually be mathematically described as ((Pinball+Carrom)/Billiards)*Awesome.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Rihannsu
# 9
02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
what about Tonga? Or that Cardassian Chess game...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
02-11-2013, 07:03 PM
All games featured in Star Trek need to be included in STO as mini-games. Give us a reason to hang out at Quarks more often. Not only Dom Jot, but other games should also be included like Fitzbin, Tongo, 3-D Chess, and even regular poker since it was played a lot in TNG.

Anyway I look foward to seeing if there is any sucess in this, too bad foundry probably wouldn't work for getting those other games though.