Captain
# 171
03-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
But what are they caaaaallling it?
Tacofangs is calling it "Alan, the Cowboy", apparently.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=75

Honestly, the things tacos come up with these days!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Cryptic Studios Team
# 172
03-04-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm surprised no one caught that. I stole that from Homer Simpson.

In the episode where he is a 'Bigger Brother' to Pepi. They're looking up at the stars together, and Pepi asks Homer what the names of the constellations are.

Homer replies: "Well, there's . . . Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan . . . the Cowboy."

So, when people ask what something is called, I often defer to Alan. . . the Cowboy.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?

Last edited by tacofangs; 03-04-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Captain
# 173
03-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I'm surprised no one caught that. I stole that from Homer Simpson.

In the episode where he is a 'Bigger Brother' to Pepi. They're looking up at the stars together, and Pepi asks Homer what the names of the constellations are.

Homer replies: "Well, there's . . . Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan . . . the Cowboy."

So, when people ask what something is called, I often defer to Alan. . . the Cowboy.
You're so learned.
Rihannsu
# 174
03-05-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegalaxy31 View Post
Is everyone really that sure that there is not going to be a Romulan Faction?

The first pic of it said,"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings?" with a pic of the Romulan Symbol and Romulan letting.

The second says "Our shadow will dim the stars." With a lot of Romulan Ships on screen.

In Ask Cryptic: February 2013:
Q: (carcharodon1975) ?Beneath the Raptor?s Wings? has set people?s hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May. My question is? are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.

Q: (nometa) Will we be able to get a Romulan Warbird or a D?deridex class now that we?re helping the Romulans on New Romulus?

Dstahl: We discussed this opportunity when we were developing Season 7, however we decided that player interest in a Romulan faction is so high that we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction. So until then, these ships will be off limits to the Romulan Reputation System!

Also they haven't denied it!

So it seems like a Romulan Faction to me, or a really bad joke lol.
# 175
03-05-2013, 06:19 AM
I don't want to get my hopes up that a Romulan class is incoming. Especially when the above post neither confirms nor denies one is coming. In another thread someone found new icons tac/sci/eng for a Rom officer in the game files so it's possible. I've become cynical with Cryptic of late though so I'm desperately trying to keep an open mind.

I think, as someone else suggested, that the announcement will be made when the timer expires and some of the new stuff will go on Tribble.
Republic Veteran
# 176
03-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

I wonder if it's some type of level 50 unlock to play as a Romulan. Maybe it will be through some type of Romulan reputation unlock that allows you to fly a Rommie ship and be a Rommie character. It just seems highly unlikely they have had time to sport a complete Romulan faction.

Maybe it's just an intro to an Iconian/Sela alliance. Since we've been hearing about Denise Crosby coming into the mix as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunkfalcon View Post
The first pic of it said,"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings?" with a pic of the Romulan Symbol and Romulan letting.

The second says "Our shadow will dim the stars." With a lot of Romulan Ships on screen.

In Ask Cryptic: February 2013:
Q: (carcharodon1975) ?Beneath the Raptor?s Wings? has set people?s hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May. My question is? are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.

Q: (nometa) Will we be able to get a Romulan Warbird or a D?deridex class now that we?re helping the Romulans on New Romulus?

Dstahl: We discussed this opportunity when we were developing Season 7, however we decided that player interest in a Romulan faction is so high that we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction. So until then, these ships will be off limits to the Romulan Reputation System!

Also they haven't denied it!

So it seems like a Romulan Faction to me, or a really bad joke lol.
Considering the desire for a Romulan faction for some time, the not too terribly far in the past poll where that was the number one requested feature by a long shot, the lack of a denial thus far the the Update that is not Season 8 contains said Romulan faction, they either have a Romulan faction coming out in May, or they really want to piss a lot of people off so that the forum rage of players who want to be Romulans truly does blot out the stars.

Given this, plus the fact that Dan in recent interviews has said they are doing a new KDF tutorial, and that May will be the next time they do KDF only content, seems to me a fair bet that KDF will get rounded out as well, which might also point to a Romulan faction since that was a previously stated pre-req for a Romulan faction.
Ensign
# 177
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM
ahhhh Demon Romulans!
Career Officer
# 178
03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Big story focus [16][33]
At least one new Feature Episode series at launch and maybe even more than that [2]
New Romulus-like adventure zone in the Nimbus System [34]
Khitomer will be a featured location

"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings"
"Our Shadow Will Dim the Stars"
"Some Will Fall"

my guess is this will happen on khitomer and will poss. show what happened there and how sela became who she is today ..........
Ensign
# 179
03-10-2013, 04:39 PM
It looks as if the Romulans are making a major comeback this May. I wonder if the question of what happened to Empress Sela in one of the Romulan Mystery episodes will be answered in the upcoming content. In addition, I am curious if there will be any more episodes about the Iconians. I cannot wait to learn about their agenda for the Alpha Quadrant.

Last edited by commanderli; 03-10-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 180
03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
We shall see, personally I will be angry if its not a Romulan faction...dont care if its a mini one or not. The only thing that will get me playing this game again is a fresh take and a reason to do a new character. So far this seems really Romulan themed, and so far they haven't denied that there will be playable Romulans soon. If it isn't playable Romulans they should just say so, or they will have damage control to do around here.