Career Officer
# 71
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heero139 View Post
What I'm saying is that isn't obvious.
Perhaps not, but with a bit of brain power, it's not hard to deduce.

19 days to something related to the May teaser. But May isn't in 19 days. Obviously they won't release the whole thing early, and assuming the devs couldn't look at a calendar to count to May is, frankly, absurd. Why generate the hype like this, though, if it's just going to be a red herring?

It's pretty clear they're going to tell us something at the end of the countdown. Which incidentally will be in mid-late March, which is right at the start of the timeframe I suspected they'd officially let us know whether or not it's an FE or a faction. They haven't been teasing any other content releases in the meantime between now and May either, which further fits into my prediction that they'd go pretty much all heads down after Feb.'s festivities died down, save for First Contact Day coming up.

All according to plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
I'm hoping it's Romulan STFs and on the side, a lot of bug fixes and revamps to existing STO content. Earning Romulan Marks in "Adventure Zone" just doesn't feel right and it's annoying IMO and not very Trek.
Wait... how exactly is humanitarian and scientific aid to a fledgling ally while simultaneously exploring a Strange New World not Trek-like? Really aside from the grind involved, New Romulus is the most Trek-like content STO has ever seen...

Last edited by jexsamx; 03-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 72 Romulan Ship
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
kinda looks like these....

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20...by_Galen82.jpg

....maybe......
Lieutenant
# 73
03-01-2013, 02:15 PM
[quote=gornman47;8384801]hmmm.....some of those silhouettes don't look quite like D'deridex class ships...maybe new ships? Some do look like Romulan BoP ships though.

All I can see is some D'deridexs and Warbirds, but nothing that looks like a KDF BoP
Lieutenant
# 74
03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpyecho View Post
kinda looks like these....

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20...by_Galen82.jpg

....maybe......
Ah! yes it does look a bit like that. Of coarse, if it is a new Faction they would need more than just a D'deridex and a warbird. Also its pretty doughtful that you would get a Scimitar.
Captain
# 75
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornman47 View Post
hmmm.....some of those silhouettes don't look quite like D'deridex class ships...maybe new ships? Some do look like Romulan BoP ships though.
You can view background image to see the image - then if you've got a zoom plug-in or just want to save it and zoom, you can get a better (albeit fuzzy) look at the ships there.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Blah blah moan grunt PvP. Grunt moan cry Klingon faction. Blah nerf, blah blah other random broken things.
Republic Veteran
# 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Out of context, yeah I can see that, but I'd think anyone who could figure out that this countdown isn't referring to the May 2013 release date...

Well, it means people know something will happen when the counter hits 0, but it won't be an actual release of the content/expasion/whatever we're getting.

I'd be stunned if anyone didn't 'get' this.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Star-...5-327283.shtml

Why, the best Trek in history of course! Star Trek II Into Darkness
=/\= TASKFORCE THETANINE =/\=
Subscription Status: 1000 Day Veteran
Jolan Tru. Quapla. Peace and Long Life. Make Phasers and Photon Torpedos Ready. FIRE EVERYTHING!
Lieutenant
# 78 Borg Sphere
So with all these new ships that will probably be available, maybe they should give the KDF a Liberated Borg Sphere. Why not, huh. It would be just like in Star trek Voyager!
Republic Veteran
# 79
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Star-...e-325570.shtml

AND KLINGONS!!
=/\= TASKFORCE THETANINE =/\=
Subscription Status: 1000 Day Veteran
Jolan Tru. Quapla. Peace and Long Life. Make Phasers and Photon Torpedos Ready. FIRE EVERYTHING!
Ensign
# 80
03-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Looking thru page source, found this:
var targetTimeStamp = 1363874400; // 03/21/2013 - 6am PST
and
Matthijs de Graaf | 02/07/2013

Ideas, anyone?
We ARE the Borg. We WILL assimilate you. You WILL be assimilated.
The Borg must love their 2nd word adjectives accented.:biggrin: