Starfleet Veteran
# 1 How To "Fix" The Exchange
03-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Merely install a Vendor that you can sell Mats to for a reasonable amount of ec.

This will leave all those "people" who have to "win the exchange" to deal with themselves.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lieutenant
# 2
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
How to fix the exchange: Re-work crafting so that there's more of a market for mats. Then set the Exchange up like we had at City of Heroes where I can just dump stacks all at once without having to sell each mat individually just to have a chance at getting them to sell.
Cpt Dennis J. 'Denny' Kidd of the USS Emden, NCC-96415
Starfleet Privateer and Ginger Menace
'Yarr.'
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
This will leave all those "people" who have to "win the exchange" to deal with themselves.
ITT: guy is frustrated because no-one wants to buy his crappy items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyralpegacyon View Post
Then set the Exchange up like we had at City of Heroes where I can just dump stacks all at once without having to sell each mat individually just to have a chance at getting them to sell.
It's not really Cryptic's fault that people can't find 'sort by price per unit'. It's right under the search box.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-03-2013, 04:00 PM
What am I missing exactly?
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Merely install a Vendor that you can sell Mats to for a reasonable amount of ec.

What's reasonable? How exactly is that determined? What is stopping people from selling mats on the exchange for whatever it is you call reasonable? How does your suggestion solve the problem you perceive? Walk me through that step-by-step, please.
Empire Veteran
# 6
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
What am I missing exactly?
It seems the OP is mad about the price of mats on the exchange. I can't tell whether or not he thinks they are too high, or too low, or if he is buying or selling. I am just as befuddled as you are as to how his "solution" solves any of the possible "problems" that might exist. Hoping he will explain further instead of just spewing rage and tears.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
03-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
ITT: guy is frustrated because no-one wants to buy his crappy items.

It's not really Cryptic's fault that people can't find 'sort by price per unit'. It's right under the search box.
No, guy is frustrated because even thou he posts at current lowest rate some "person" has to post multiple items at a much lower rate to "win the exchange."

Having a vendor that buys Mats would allow people to avoid the Exchange entirely and leave it to those.... "people."

I never use the exchange to sell anything that I can sell to a vendor because of this.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 03-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Lieutenant
# 8
03-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
Hm, it might help to set that as the default.
Cpt Dennis J. 'Denny' Kidd of the USS Emden, NCC-96415
Starfleet Privateer and Ginger Menace
'Yarr.'
Captain
# 9
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
No, guy is frustrated because even thou he posts at current lowest rate some "person" has to post multiple items at a much lower rate to "win the exchange."
So you have to wait 13 minutes for your junk to sell instead of 6?

You poor man.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
No Further Comment Required.