Captain
They were talking about this, try to explain here...

You get a vulcan captain and crew with thirst three tiers off Vulcan ships and about 20 to 30 seperate missions as a pakage you can buy for let's say 40 bucks....

Same goes for every species availble now inculding Cardessians and Romulans,.
The pack contains the following.

3 Tiers of ships
A race playable Captain with crew
That race Weapons, shields, and armor...
Also ship engines, deflector, shields and weapons
It contains a 20 to 30 missions
Ranks off that race

Only for 40 bucks would you buy it and what race would you buy as a package ?

Greets

Last edited by kirk2390; 03-04-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-04-2013, 04:02 AM
No, and here's why;

If they ever decided to go with this, and allow players to play as specific specifies, within specific ships and with their own specific missions, all the work that would be going into the game (the F2P model) would instead go into creating all these non-customized options.
Captain
# 3
03-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Well, they already have the option to buy new playable species as your captain. They also already have the option to buy unique ships. The only thing that you're suggesting that's really DIFFERENT is selling mission packs.

I'm pretty "meh" toward that idea. If I replay episode missions, it's not for the story, because quite frankly the existing stories aren't that amazing and the game's technology isn't set up to tell good ones. Rather I would replay episodes for the rewards that come out of them.

So basically I wouldn't buy a mission pack for story unless it was a paradigm shift in story telling from what we already have, and if the mission pack gave cool rewards, then having to pay for the privilege of grinding them instead of just claiming from store when wanted seems needlessly circuitous.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-04-2013, 04:59 AM
If I were sure it would Kill all this "non faction " mess once and for all
maybe
Career Officer
# 5
03-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk2390 View Post
They were talking about this, try to explain here...

You get a vulcan captain and crew with thirst three tiers off Vulcan ships and about 20 to 30 seperate missions as a pakage you can buy for let's say 40 bucks....

Same goes for every species availble now inculding Cardessians and Romulans,.
The pack contains the following.

3 Tiers of ships
A race playable Captain with crew
That race Weapons, shields, and armor...
Also ship engines, deflector, shields and weapons
It contains a 20 to 30 missions
Ranks off that race

Only for 40 bucks would you buy it and what race would you buy as a package ?

Greets

why would Cryptic do this?
they can sell Ship 3 Packs for 50 bucks already, why would they do more work for less money?

i would rather pay for actual mission content than for another "Flavor of the Month"-Ship...
but afaik they tried that with champions and the $ numbers weren't good or sum such stuff blah
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-04-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm not really willing to pay anything into a broken game run by a broken company at this point. There was a time when I would have been willing to pay for story content. There was a time when a package deal like this would have appealed to me.

My concept was similar to this... Here are two premium packages I came up with:

Packled Captain Package:

! Unlock "Premium" costume options for "Packled" character

! Specific themed weapon (cobbled together "junk" weapon that has X, Y, Z stats)

! Packled ship

! Packled bridge and interior

! 8 specific arc missions starting at Tutorial level detailing how your character transfered
from the Packled Navy to Starfleet.

! 2 FE-class missions "Rise Of The Packleds" -- a short two episode story in which the Packleds revolt, tired of being treated as "special ed" cases by the galaxy.

Trill Captain Package

! Unlock "premium" costume options for "Trill" character including the rare "forhead bone" Trill and premium spot-artwork

! Specific themed weapon (Had an idea for a pistol based on the Target-premium sniper-rifle)

! Trill ship -- this would be a runabout-sized ship, maybe "slightly" bigger but still a small craft.

! Bridge and interior

! 5 specific arc missions starting at Tutorial level detailing how your character transfered from the Trill Science Comission to Starfleet.

! 4 FE-class missions "Critters!!" -- Return of the brain-bugs from Season One of TNG -- this time they've targeted the Trill specifically as it is extremely difficult to differentiate a brain-bug from a Trill symbiont.

Each mission would drop high-level purple loot keeping with the theme of the set -- the Packled missions drop a "junk" themed set that has bizarrely decent stats, the Trill set would buff Science abilities substantially... These missions would also drop decent purple gear at the end too -- shields, engines, weapons... ground gear... unique consumables, novelty items...

See something like this I would willingly pay $50 for. I get a unique ship, I get some unique swag, and I get to play some unique story content.

If they did one of these packages for each of the playable races in game they'd make money. Yes some packages would be more popular than others -- I'm betting a Gorn or Kitty-People package would do much better than a Packled package.

It's a sound concept -- and it would work for ANY OTHER GAME COMPANY THAT IS NOT CRYPTIC.

Cryptic at this point would release critically bugged content and abandon it as "finished" before moving on to the next big-shiny.

5 seasons ago I would have plopped down hundreds of dollars on this. Today, well I'm not putting any more money into the game until they fix some of the critical-fail bugs that have accumulated -- in other words they aren't getting my money ever again.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"