Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2013, 02:14 PM
If you really think that Cryptic is going to deliver information about a Romulan Faction, I'm just going to laugh when it turns out to be a joke. Games do this all the time for April Fools.
Captain
# 12
03-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
It's even closer to St. Patrick's Day. If you lean in close to your monitor and squint at the picture, you'll notice that everything looks green.
Never trust a Leprechaun with access to an artificial quantum singularity warp drive.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 13
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
If you really think that Cryptic is going to deliver information about a Romulan Faction, I'm just going to laugh when it turns out to be a joke. Games do this all the time for April Fools.
No, they don't.

April Fools jokes are announced and end on 01/04 every year. Nobody *teases* an April Fools joke.

Seriously, you're being crazy about this.
Empire Veteran
# 14
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
And perhaps it isn't a Romulan Faction: I said an interesting theory that is probably more of a Romulan-focused content update.

The point is, despite all teasers and rumors and everything else, we don't really know what's coming in May, or at the end of that countdown. But either way, it's not the time to assume things, whether it being a Romulan Faction or an April Fool's prank.

For now, it's best to see what's at the end of the countdown, and go from there imo.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
No, they don't.

April Fools jokes are announced and end on 01/04 every year. Nobody *teases* an April Fools joke.

Seriously, you're being crazy about this.
We'll see won't we...
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
03-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Oh they do? Got some examples?
Career Officer
# 17
03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I've seen some ludicrous things on this forum. I've seen people claim entire teasers are for lockboxes. I've seen people say "zomg sto is dying" while brushing off ample evidence to the contrary. I've seen people ragequit the game because of a Catian Carrier.

But I think claiming all this buildup is just one big April Fool's joke is perhaps the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read here.

Well, maybe that's not as ridiculous as ragequitting over a cat carrier. But it's still pretty silly.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
I've seen some ludicrous things on this forum. I've seen people claim entire teasers are for lockboxes. I've seen people say "zomg sto is dying" while brushing off ample evidence to the contrary. I've seen people ragequit the game because of a Catian Carrier.

But I think claiming all this buildup is just one big April Fool's joke is perhaps the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read here.

Well, maybe that's not as ridiculous as ragequitting over a cat carrier. But it's still pretty silly.
Agreed. To suggest a countdown that ends in MARCH is evidence of an APRIL fool's joke is very daft.
Rihannsu
# 19
03-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
When i read your first post i naturally assumed you were just being funny.

but now im not sure sure.

do you actually think, with your hand on your heart, that come april 1st they will turn around and say 'april fools. the whole campaign was a joke.'

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 20
03-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Look, there's plenty of room for disappointment without crazy theories like that. Cryptic's very well aware a large portion of its customers doesn't quite trust it anymore. I could manage not to be shocked if we found out march 19th all this was for a lockbox - I don't think it's likely, but I'm jaded enough to think it's possible - however they're not stupid enough to dangle this just so they can post a two week delay notice on the 19th and then "YOINK! April Fools losers!" thirteen days later. Cause the entire STO dev team would be moved to Neverwinter by April 4th at the latest.

They can't be deliberately setting themselves up for that much rage.

Though...

If it is a Romulan faction, maybe they're pulling a reverse Bioware. With the lockboxes and endgame content being shared, we'll have a blue option, a red option and a green option, and they'll all be the same.

And that's funny too.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 03-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.