Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 47
# 51
03-02-2013, 12:17 AM
What if there is actually a Romulan faction coming out on that day.....
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,250
# 52
03-02-2013, 12:25 AM
I you kept your nose on the news you know that this is the big patch comming out along with more romulan STF and other missions and a lot off KDF stuff.
Again there will be no new faction not the 19 off march because if they do that the whole KDF faction would run over the Devs ....
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,867
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
# 54
03-02-2013, 12:45 AM
I'M SO EXCITED! Finally I can be a Romulan!!

I hope they have a "defect" mechanic either defecting to the RSE or perhaps you were a romulan spy the whole time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 185
# 55
03-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk2390 View Post
...if they do that the whole KDF faction would run over the Devs ....
Oh noes! The whole 10 players? Sorry, sorry had to say it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,519
# 56
03-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
I have just noticed that the "countdown" timer runs out on the 19th of March which is dangerously close to April Fools Day. I think the egg is on your face playerbase, I think its just an April Fools Prank, something has smelt fishy about this "March Beneath the Raptor's wings" since it was announced.

Having information released that close to April just confirmed it in my mind. What do you think?
I think you are wrong. March 19th is not significant to April Fools. If this were an elaborate April Fools Joke, then the Joke would be on Cryptic when, come April 1st, half the players quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Personally I am somewhat convinced that the countdown is really just a coundown to a Romulan Lock-box.
I can't see Romulans ever making it to a lock box; they're too heavily sought after as a faction. To box them up would destroy any hope of having them playable.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,461
# 57
03-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxinumz View Post
I'M SO EXCITED! Finally I can be a Romulan!!
I fear many players will be sorely disappointed in May.

KDF is meant to be the focus, it will be this faction that (should) get all the attention. PvP too.

All this 'March beneath the Raptor's wings' stuff I'm guessing is new PvE content to go along side the KDF and PvP updates, and probably a continuation from those New Romulus missions. That new screenshot that was put up yesterday could very well be a fleet emerging from an Iconian gateway.

This is my guess, new STF style content to counter Sela and her new overlords as she tries to re-take the Empire. But I'm not holding my breath.
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,176
# 58
03-02-2013, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
I fear many players will be sorely disappointed in May.

KDF is meant to be the focus, it will be this faction that (should) get all the attention. PvP too.

All this 'March beneath the Raptor's wings' stuff I'm guessing is new PvE content to go along side the KDF and PvP updates, and probably a continuation from those New Romulus missions. That new screenshot that was put up yesterday could very well be a fleet emerging from an Iconian gateway.

This is my guess, new STF style content to counter Sela and her new overlords as she tries to re-take the Empire. But I'm not holding my breath.
making the whole content faction unspecific would be enough to "finish" KDF AND get Romulans started

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 59
03-02-2013, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
making the whole content faction unspecific would be enough to "finish" KDF AND get Romulans started
I guess that depends who you ask. For the purposes of my gameplay, KDF was finished before they thought about adding it in. Others actually care about the KDF and it's evident they don't feel the same way. Around and around it goes.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 60
03-02-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You know...

Personally I am somewhat convinced that the countdown is really just a coundown to a Romulan Lock-box.
Ya.... no

Are we going to get more lockboxes in the future/ongoing, yes, most certainly, long as the gravy train keeps flowing, cryptic will keep making lockboxes

However, we have had 5 lockboxes so far ((Cardasian, Ferengi, Tholian, Temporal, and Dominion)) and none of them had this kind of elaborate ad campaign for them, for the most part, they were only announced/made known once the previous lockbox was done its run. As announcing an upcoming lockbox too early could cannibalize the sales of the current one

Also, it has been stated that cryptic would never make a Romulan lockbox, i do remember listening to interviews ((think it was stoked or something)) where they asked if the romulan warbird would be in a lockbox and the one being interviewed said something to the effect of "no, that would not happen since we cannot put a ship in a lockbox we may use in a future faction". Therefore, even if May is not the launch of a Romulan faction, it won't be a lockbox, since Cryptic wants to keep that possibility in their back pocket

Therefore, since the advertising campaign is of course, Romulan themed, it wouldn't be some other species lockbox, therefore, it isn't the ad campaign for a lockbox


P.S. While it is somewhat possible its an ad campaign for an FE, i find it unlikely, i mean, did any of the other featured episodes get this kind of grandiose ad campaign beforehand?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 PM.