Captain
# 121
03-02-2013, 06:48 AM
I think its huge multi part misson where Sela and the Tal Shiar backed up by Iconian technology and weaponry, there will be a lot of changes to the general game itself. I think the klingons will get the update they have been screaming for because they are part of the fight to come and need to be brought up to speed.

I do think we'll get a taster of the Romulan faction, I suspect there will be missions in the episodes where we get to try out some Romulan ships for size. The lock box will probably be an experimental one off Romulan ship that won't appear in any Rom faction outside of said box.

This May update is paving the way for the Romulan faction I suspect. Testing the waters.

Buuut i could be totally bloomin' wrong!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Captain
# 122
03-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Which means that if they want to add a Romulan faction then they have 1 or 2 months to do it, and it would need playable ships, episodes, gear, a homeworld, costumes to sell, and so on.
Sound like the total amount of time that has ever been devoted to the Klingon faction.
Rihannsu
# 123
03-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
True but wouldn't this be the most hyped and most blatently stupid one?
One must raise the bar.
Commander
# 124
03-02-2013, 07:55 AM
What I am confused about is -

1. We were told that only a small percent play Klingons.
2. Fed only fans have always stated "Star Trek was always about the Feds" hence why Klingons are not fleshed out.
3. Getting a full Klingon faction isn't cost effected.

Why then make a Rom Faction? Has Dan got "metrics" show that a Rom faction would bring in the bucks? If so, where from? Are there more Rom Fans then Klingons?

Finally, lets say their is a Rom Faction coming, how does Cryptic make money from this besides Lock boxes, when they state they won't charge for "expansions" or "content".

From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Career Officer
# 125
03-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
1. We were told that only a small percent play Klingons.
2. Fed only fans have always stated "Star Trek was always about the Feds" hence why Klingons are not fleshed out.
3. Getting a full Klingon faction isn't cost effected.
The problem is, a lot of players don't play as Klingon for a number of reasons.
* Their faction isn't unlocked until you're at level 20-something with a Federation character (people who might only have a few hours of play per game aren't going to level up a KDF character when they've already got a FED character in the works.
* Why would half the players in this game choose to play an incomplete, unfinished, half cut faction when they've got a near-complete, practically finished, fully-functional faction to play with instead?
Cryptic (and people) claim that people don't use or play as KDF, thus there isn't enough warrant to update it. The reason a lot of people probably don't play KDF is because it isn't updated. If the dev team treated the KDF faction as they do FED, they'd likely find a bigger playerbase.

Quote:
Why then make a Rom Faction? Has Dan got "metrics" show that a Rom faction would bring in the bucks? If so, where from? Are there more Rom Fans then Klingons?
More people will play as a Romulan than they will as a Klingon.
Commander
# 126
03-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
More people will play as a Romulan than they will as a Klingon.
*Cough* I want it on record that I didn't say this.

Now it's time for the popcorn and fireworks me thinks...

Oh m8, why did you go there
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Career Officer
# 127
03-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Oh m8, why did you go there
Because it's true?

If a Romulan Faction is released in May (unlikely, but lets say it is) and they complete the Klingon Faction at the same time, players (who haven't yet got a 2nd character) will be given the chance of a Klingon and Romulan toon (free Character Slot each).

Who do you realistically think those players are going to choose to play as? A Klingon, or a Romulan?
Captain
# 128
03-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
I really hope they give JJ Abrams the middle finger here, and restore the Romulan star empire.
To paraphrase Captain Pike from Star Trek, Romulus is right where they left it and the RSE is intact. Abrams didn't destroy the RSE.

Heck, Cryptic fractured the empire. There's nothing in Star Trek to indicate the RSE was destroyed in either timeline.
Career Officer
# 129
03-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Heck, Cryptic fractured the empire. There's nothing in Star Trek to indicate the RSE was destroyed in either timeline.
It wasn't Cryptic that destroyed the Romulan System.[spoiler]Wasn't it actually the Tal Shiar?[/spoiler]
Commander
# 130
03-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Because it's true?

If a Romulan Faction is released in May (unlikely, but lets say it is) and they complete the Klingon Faction at the same time, players (who haven't yet got a 2nd character) will be given the chance of a Klingon and Romulan toon (free Character Slot each).

Who do you realistically think those players are going to choose to play as? A Klingon, or a Romulan?
Not touching that with a 10 foot pole m8.

I get myself into enough trouble on here and answering this will...

I am tempted to answer you, but I have promised myself not to "rise to the bait"... For the moment.

Edit - I would say though, how many games have we had that were based solely on Romulans?

Last edited by solomace; 03-02-2013 at 08:23 AM.