Captain
# 41
03-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Someone must have asked Stahl if there will be playable Romulans in May - if his response was not - yes

Well you know that it's not going to happen. Heck he could even say yes like he does for the KDF then say "sorry had to put it off for later - promise it will get done - double promise!"
Career Officer
# 42
03-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm not really sure what the May Update is anymore. I'm just trying to keep my expectations low so as not to be let down yet again.

What I do know is this: After allowing speculation to run rampant and not quashing the idea that the May Update is a playable RSE, if the May Update is not a playable RSE then the STO team will deserve all that rage and vitriol that is cast at them by the disappointed players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquirrel1 View Post
This better be the best ****ing thing ever... else they need to fire their PR guy.. because they should know that you don't ****ing hype something for 20+ days and not deliver something amazing.
They have a PR person? Because the evidence of the last few years says otherwise.

Last edited by zulisvel; 03-01-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 43
03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Someone must have asked Stahl if there will be playable Romulans in May - if his response was not - yes
Already happened ... check the OP ... or Ask Cryptic February ...

Quote:
Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.
Captain
# 44
03-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
I'm not really sure what the May Update is anymore. I'm just trying to keep my expectations low so as not to be let down yet again.

What I do know is this: After allowing speculation to run rampant and not quashing the idea that the May Update is a playable RSE, if the May Update is not a playable RSE then the STO team will deserve all that rage and vitriol that is cast at them by the disappointed players.
hope you have stocked up on lots of Peto bismol - or Rolaids
Ensign
# 45
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
They have a PR person? Because the evidence of the last few years says otherwise.
Pretty sure its Mr. Stahl.. he moonlights as a PR guy.. well anyway.. he should stop doing PR and get back to freaking work lol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
03-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Cryptic isn't stupid; they know we want an RSE faction and they know people are setting their hopes on one for May thanks to the vague and suggestive teaser page. If May doesn't see an RSE faction, Cryptic is in for a world of hurt.
Career Officer
# 47
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
To be fair ... it's next to impossible to quash the idea anyway ... even if Dtahl confirms there will never be a Romulan Faction, a lot of people will still speculate they are secretly working on it for years ... because he kind of did it already ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 03-01-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 48
03-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

Well you know that it's not going to happen. Heck he could even say yes like he does for the KDF then say "sorry had to put it off for later - promise it will get done - double promise!"
Quote:
Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.
Now it's underlined. "In a way" is quite explicit.
Career Officer
# 49
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Either way, its going to be another PR fiasco, as is par for the course at Cryptic.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 50
03-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Now it's underlined. "In a way" is quite explicit.
Not to forget :

Quote:
Dstahl: We have always had a plan for how we wanted to implement additional factions and we have polls dating back to early in the game?s life when we were looking to see which future factions players were most interested in. If and when we release a Romulan faction, you can expect that it would set the stage for how a Cardassian, Borg, or any other faction would be introduced into the game.

Last edited by thutmosis85; 03-01-2013 at 05:00 PM.