Career Officer
# 31
03-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Cryptic really needs to bite the bullet and invest heavily in their KDF faction if they ever hope to make it a source of income.
Captain
# 32
03-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post

He told me the folk at Cryptic really are working thier tooshies off, and some have been putting in stupidly long hours and have had to be told to "go home, get some sleep dammit!" A great many 60+ hour weeks happening across the board, including a couple instances of being woken up at the keyboard in the morning with a Peets and a scone. (I'm not sure if I belive that though.. I don't know if they have a Peets coffee down south that far..)
Look, I hate the way this is going to sound but given the fact that they are working with an established game engine and systems and they have allegedly been working so long and increased the staff so much ... it makes one wonder just how they fail , constantly, to deliver and improve the game.

I mean, if we compare them to other MMO companies that have a much smaller staff that every month or so release quality add-ons to their product to STO which releases nothing but bug-riddled, copy/paste items (most of which don't work properly due to 2+year old bugs they havent bothered to fix..*cough* comm decloak bug).... we see a very sad pattern emerging.

That is a pattern typical of PWE games. The games they own are left to simply wither and die with minimum investment and effort put into them as long as they can keep milking the miniscamtransaction scheme built within the game. Once the game dies they dump it, use the engine its based on to make a clone that is equally as bad and repeat the process.

I just don't believe all this alleged time and effort is put into STO. I think its being put towards other products.... the stuff that has come to STO is nothing short of poor and mismanaged stuff. Hell, they don't even test CRAP before pushing it to live.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I really am not expecting much of anything to be honest.

Where would Cryptic have any time for the KDF amid:

1. Huge Romulan content introduction (May)
  2. Updated Character Creator
  3. New UI improvements
  4. Release of more Fed ships as discussed by Al.? Al mentioned "maybe" the Regent's Negh'var was being "considered". There are no other mention of any KDF specifics this year - In a 1 1/2 hour podcast about upcoming ships.
  5. Possible Rep. System for PvP?

Just taking these I wouldn't be surprised if there is nothing this update. Honestly.
I hate it to the point I want them to look at the history. Being that it took us 2 1/2 years to get a cat race which we have been promised since launch, almost 1/2 for Gorn, barley reaching 25 ships, only having 8 missions promised a Gorn or more FE (BTW most FED Episodes are KDF Related AND involve the same problems WITH KDF like Borg, Dominion, Romulan, FEDvsKDF etc) And being that you worked on FED 85% and KDF 15% during before beta, we came out as PvP, which I am atleast happy you began fixing a little cause with thoses Jem'Harads, wed be dead gagh for the vultures. I am still mad that over this year honestly you have done nothign but cross faction by cross faction. Noting unique for KDF at all except for a VERY VERY late cat. I dont care anymore. I try to enjoy with what I have. Why complain if you know nothing will change unless they do. I admire this post because atleast we know not to get our hopes up. But I will try my best to stay here.. itis fun.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 34
03-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheroj View Post
What a load of BS. Everyone knows all the devs are prejudiced Fed players that don't care if the KDF is destroyed entirely and becomes all-Starfleet-all-the-time. Even Stahl is lying through his teeth when he says he wants to expand the KDF: he's just looking for applause and approval. Your pathetic attempt at cheering people up (It's probably not even that either; you're mocking us and spitting in our faces) is reprehensible and disgusting, just like the way Cryptic has treated the KDF all these years.
Click my Link in my Signature.. you'll see direct quotes from him... and things sadly true about this that he says and never/late truth.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 35
03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
I just don't believe all this alleged time and effort is put into STO. I think its being put towards other products.... the stuff that has come to STO is nothing short of poor and mismanaged stuff. Hell, they don't even test CRAP before pushing it to live.
Well of course they don't test it.. they expect us to

Career Officer
# 36
03-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I hope Khemaraa's info is right and that 'The Season Formerly Known As 8' is a step in the right direction for Cryptic but I'm not optimistic.

Past form has shown what they think is great for the game is divisive at best and downright greedy and underhanded at worst.

Season 7 as released was a step backward for STO, even now it's still broken more than it fixed and the much vaunted 'content' of New Romulus is a distant memory for those that have finished the Rep system - all that time, money and work was as wasted as Defera and Nukara.

Hacking in a Romulan faction will not fix STO's failings - it'll just add a 3rd faction to maintain. Hacking in a new KDF tutorial won't fix the paucity of new ships and missions, busted Marauding Boffs, numerous KDF-specific bugs and a complete lack of clothing options.

And honestly, why are the Devs working such long hours? Why's it necessary? Overtime like this is always bad - staff get tired and burnt-out, mistakes get made - more bugs slip through the cracks - and for what?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lieutenant
# 37
03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I hope Khemaraa's info is right and that 'The Season Formerly Known As 8' is a step in the right direction for Cryptic but I'm not optimistic.

Past form has shown what they think is great for the game is divisive at best and downright greedy and underhanded at worst.

Season 7 as released was a step backward for STO, even now it's still broken more than it fixed and the much vaunted 'content' of New Romulus is a distant memory for those that have finished the Rep system - all that time, money and work was as wasted as Defera and Nukara.

Hacking in a Romulan faction will not fix STO's failings - it'll just add a 3rd faction to maintain. Hacking in a new KDF tutorial won't fix the paucity of new ships and missions, busted Marauding Boffs, numerous KDF-specific bugs and a complete lack of clothing options.

And honestly, why are the Devs working such long hours? Why's it necessary? Overtime like this is always bad - staff get tired and burnt-out, mistakes get made - more bugs slip through the cracks - and for what?
I like your entire post, and I have nothing much to say to any of it except the bottom (in bold by me). Hypothetically speaking, if you are an inept game executive heading a corporate atmosphere of laziness and incompetence, with no concern for a direct dialogue with the community of players who make sure you get a paycheck and are partly responsible for spreading around word of your game (and if it feels like the game is being whored out for as much money as possible, said people have less incentive to spread the word about trying out your game), abysmal customer service (with a support link on your website that often "redirects nowhere"), a complete emphasis on pimping your game out for as much microtransaction money as possible, and an equally terrible track record of improving the game or addressing errors and bugs, aren't you going to consistently bull**** and say that you and your developers are working long, hard hours?
Empire Veteran
# 38
03-18-2013, 02:20 PM
From the theads OP:

I'm just waiting for May at this point. I sitting here nursing 7 broken ribs I got from rediscovering the effects of a gravity induced impact with the ground (Ow! is a serious understatement.. spent a week in a trauma ward. Now home recovering.. Mostly I sleep alot.)

I have my "minimum's" I expect to see come May. I'm not expecting super-duper jaw dropping awesome mission content for the needed KDF filler. Just missions that make sense in an ongoing progression that will not only familiarize players with the current KDF back story, but aid them in gradually learning some of the more complex aspects of the games systems. You know, like good levelling content in any MMO. Some additional ships would be nice. Of course if they don't have them, they can't sell them to us in micro tranactions. A new KDF starting with new character tutorial is of course a mandatory addition.

Thats the absolute minimums. I AM expecting a little bonus content in the form of at least one, possibly two high quality story arcs.. Preferably one starting at level 30, and one at level 40 or there abouts.

Anything beyond the above is pure gravy, sweetness, and light. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I do know that I'm not prepared to absorb another dissapointment. I am absolutly ready to head off to other MMO's. The upcoming "Star Citizen" is definatly going to be my cup of tea, and there is always EVE, and About May NCSoft is rolling out v4.0 of A i o N.

I've got a Lifetime in STO, so it'll be there when I want to fark around with it. But if I don't have the KDF content this year, I'm going to go wander off to something else that I find more entertaining. And I'll go spend my money some where else to.

I'm not going to complain anymore. I'm not going to carry the flag any more. I've spent a lot of money with Cryptic over the last three years, and the game studio, and its product has broken faith a number of times over the last three and half years. It could be that the smart KDF players were the ones that left in the first year instead of waiting around this long.

Time will tell.
Oh, and I have no additional news either..other then what we all have.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 39
03-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
[...]
I sitting here nursing 7 broken ribs I got from rediscovering the effects of a gravity induced impact with the ground (Ow! is a serious understatement.. spent a week in a trauma ward. Now home recovering.. Mostly I sleep alot.)[...]
OW indeed!
My best wishes.
Empire Veteran
# 40
03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
OW indeed!
My best wishes.
Heal quickly and try not to laugh.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.