Empire Veteran
# 41
03-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Ouch, wishing you a speedy recovery Khemarra.

And yeah I get the feeling that more than a couple of KDF players will once again quietly disappear off the radar so to speak if this update doesn't address at least some of the issues hamstringing the KDF.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
From the theads OP:

I'm just waiting for May at this point.

I have my "minimum's" I expect to see come May. I'm not expecting super-duper jaw dropping awesome mission content for the needed KDF filler. Just missions that make sense in an ongoing progression that will not only familiarize players with the current KDF back story, but aid them in gradually learning some of the more complex aspects of the games systems. You know, like good levelling content in any MMO. Some additional ships would be nice. Of course if they don't have them, they can't sell them to us in micro tranactions. A new KDF starting with new character tutorial is of course a mandatory addition.

Thats the absolute minimums. I AM expecting a little bonus content in the form of at least one, possibly two high quality story arcs.. Preferably one starting at level 30, and one at level 40 or there abouts.

Anything beyond the above is pure gravy, sweetness, and light. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I do know that I'm not prepared to absorb another dissapointment. I am absolutly ready to head off to other MMO's. The upcoming "Star Citizen" is definatly going to be my cup of tea, and there is always EVE, and About May NCSoft is rolling out v4.0 of A i o N.

I've got a Lifetime in STO, so it'll be there when I want to fark around with it. But if I don't have the KDF content this year, I'm going to go wander off to something else that I find more entertaining. And I'll go spend my money some where else to.

I'm not going to complain anymore. I'm not going to carry the flag any more. I've spent a lot of money with Cryptic over the last three years, and the game studio, and its product has broken faith a number of times over the last three and half years. It could be that the smart KDF players were the ones that left in the first year instead of waiting around this long.

Time will tell.
Oh, and I have no additional news either..other then what we all have.

Khemaraa sends
If people look at this from a console player's PoV, they'll see they're VERY fortunate.

You get a major franchise game...FOR FREE...you can even get the premium content...FOR FREE...and additional content...FOR FREE.

I'm no fan of the Season 7 changes, especially to the STF's, but it's still a much better game than what you'll find on a 'box or 'station.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Empire Veteran
# 43
03-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
If people look at this from a console player's PoV, they'll see they're VERY fortunate.

You get a major franchise game...FOR FREE...you can even get the premium content...FOR FREE...and additional content...FOR FREE.

I'm no fan of the Season 7 changes, especially to the STF's, but it's still a much better game than what you'll find on a 'box or 'station.

Whats season 7 have to do with anything? This isn't a console game. It's a PC MMO. LTM"s are not free. Special editions of the game with special items are not free. Might be free.. NOW.. but it wasn't three years ago, and it wasn't 2 years ago. If your playing this game now, your not a being a console gamer.

*sigh* Buy 'em books, send 'em to school. What do they do? Eat the glue out of the bindings.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 03-18-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Captain
# 44
03-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post

True, console systems do love to nickel and dime you.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 45
03-19-2013, 08:31 PM
According to recent interviews I see quoted in peregrine falcon's history of the kdf, season 8 isn't looking like a big one for the kdf at all; in fact, it's looking like it's going to be pathetic. So much for all the hopes we had for it...
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Empire Veteran
# 46
03-20-2013, 12:37 AM
I will not deny it -- I am solidly with Khemera on this one. Khemera's posts suggest a minimum threshold, and lowered expectations. I am also at that point.

The continued silence regarding Klingon content for the May update as we begin to move into April is not heartening. In fact, it is troubling. Several interviews have come out in recent weeks...and the most notable thing about every interview is the utter lack of any detail regarding KDF content, ships, or expansion. Vague references and suggested half-promises are all we have heard up til now. Not a lot to inspire confidence, to be honest.

I am normally an optimist about such things...but doubt has crept in as interview after interview does not reveal anything regarding the KDF in the May Update.

Last edited by ztempest; 03-20-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
03-20-2013, 01:22 AM
personalys im already stuggling to stick with sto and if the kdf aint fixed by the time elder scrolls online comes out then i tryed to my best to stick to sto and although i LOVE star trek, thers better things to spend my time and money on.
Empire Veteran
# 48
03-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Dan Stahl said the opposite: a tutorial in may and that's it. Why should I believe a random leak with a lot of suppositions when the man spilled the beans himself?

I can believe that the whole team is working more than they should for season 8. This is something i'm ok with since we often see dstahl posting on the forum at random hours and some of his posts let me think that he's burnt out (especially when he said "blame me, but please i beg you don't blame the team", about fleetmarks). But all this for KDF content? I don't think so.

Also, if someone in the team ever read this: take a break. A meaningful life is full of free time, it's not killing yourself at work.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-20-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
My money is on May having a new KDF tutorial that will allow players to start at Level 1. I guess that will "Finish" the KDF but its so far behind that a new tutorial is just a drop in the bucket.

People will complain and Dstahl will say something along the lines as "Look, I said the KDF will be updated in Season 8, the May update isn't season 8." Of coarse several weeks before S8 he'll start saying the update is coming in season 9.

At the very least, some of our lower tier ships better get fleet version in the May update. There's no reason the T3 Ki'Tang BoP or Pach Refit shouldn't have a fleet version with the update. Or any of the other lower their ships, if they don't thats just plain laziness because it can't take that much time to update the stats and throw it into the ship requisition screen and do some graphics work on the skins.
Commander
# 50
03-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Have only played a smidgen of KDF, but I feel that the faction as a whole suffers from not being developed in parallel with the Feds. For every Fed ship that gets released, KDF should have one released as well. Simple enough, especially given the prevalence of unused ships preceding the Cmdr level and available for a potential retrofit/fleet variant. It should actually be very simple to do so... and yet, it is not being done.

Story-wise, KDF lacks continuity and structure compared to Fed. I think that the KDF is actually slightly better off than Fed in some ways, because theirs isn't nearly as bloated with excessive missions that all play the same.

Would like to see more costume options, but development seems to be led by profit potential and I guess costumes aren't big earners.