Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11 Map Select Malfunctioning
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Category: Showstopper

Bug: Map selection screen to begin game not coming up, auto selects full map

Details: When I select a character, and click play and the "retrieving list of maps" message comes on the scree. For a brief second you see the map selection screen pop up and disappears, and then the game auto selects a full map resulting in "map is not accepting logins because map is full".

Constant bug and has been reported by other players.

No work around.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I changed my graphics settings to minimal and Sol loaded right up. Try it and see if it works for you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Category: Showstopper

I have tried numerous times to level up my character and crew members, to no avail. I am accumilating points to spend on the various things, but whenever i click accept or apply it simply will not upgrade any skills. An error message comes onto the screen, "There was an error while trying to rank up your skills" I have not ranked up once yet, and as i cant do so, it is hindering my progress and it is getting increasingly difficult to take further quests due to my rank.

Hopefully their will be a fix to this.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester238 View Post
Critical Issue

Using an ATI Radeon X4350 graphics card with both the latest and rolled back drivers I am getting extreme flicker on the graphics. various colors get thrown all over the screen, and almost everything is covered by weird blocks of different colors. The UI is fine, but the game world is completely unviewable. I have messed around with graphic options, changed me screen resolution, run the game in safe mode, compatibility mode, windowed, you name it, nothing fixes the issue. It is making the game completely unplayable in space.
I am having these issues as well, except that the "weird blocks of different colors" follow me outside the game. I'm running Windows 7 on a ASUS M4A79XTD, with Amd phenom x4 965 and a fully updated BFG Geforce GTX 285 1gig, on a Hp w2338h HD monitor. Also While in game, while i am interacting with any clickables; I experience freezing of my screen. I have found a way around this, which is to Ctrl+Alt+Del into my windows screen then click back into the game. However this only grants a few more minutes until I freeze again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I would consider this a show stopper issue that happened while doing the USS Azura mission. When changing from space to ground mission you spawn as your ship, while you can move and interact with a few items you can not collect anything or use any of your skills or weapons for that matter. On the reverse side of this when i tried to beam back to space to see if that would solve the issue I spawned in space as my character instead of my ship with similar issues.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Showstopper
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Hiya,

I've heard in the chat channels that this affects other people too.

Basically, when I finished the quests to defeat the Borg Sphere and Cube, I warped to Sol. I approached the space ship, clicked on the relevent button to dock...when it loaded, everyone else seemed to have loaded as the humonoid avatar, whilst I had loaded as my ship avatar.

The normal fix for this I would imagine is to log out then back in again. Annoying, after I've logged out, I can't get back in again now...it says invalid username/password (it's DEFINATELY not).

To my mind, this is a pretty big showstopper... ;-)

Thanks,

Shelburt
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Critical-
Most every time I load it goes to a full map and boots me out of the server
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Showstopper:

Both my friend and I have seperately and together experienced issues after evacuating the crew of the SS Azura. The load for the coming battle results in ~5-7 minutes of being a human body in space before the ship comes back and the game resumes. I don't know if this is server strain based but something like that isn't launch ready.
Lt. Commander
# 19 wrong avatar on surface
01-12-2010, 06:45 PM
When beaming down to a planet in delta volantus my avatar is my ship not my captain.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2010, 06:49 PM
After continually getting disconnected I was finally able to create a character and get the tutorial done. But now I am unable to play more than 5 minutes without being disconnected from the server. That has been the only showstopper I have seen so far, as I am not able to play until this booting is stopped. I hope you can resolve this swiftly so I can get further into the game. Thanks.